Duties: Lead multiple sprint teams ranging from 2 to 5 Software Engineers. Be responsible for owning features developed by your team in each phase of a project – design, implementation, code review, QA and deployment to production. Identify and deliver solutions and strategies to push the boundaries of tech stack to handle scalability and performance goals. Drive the creation and execution of quarterly roadmaps for product enhancements and technical improvements, in collaboration with product management to align with Wayfair’s business strategy. Actively mentor and coach all direct reports. Plan and budget for headcount resourcing to achieve business objectives.
The position is a fixed location based in Boston, MA office; however, telecommuting from a home office may also be allowed.
Requirements: a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, or a directly related field plus six (6) years of experience in software engineering or software engineering management.
Experience must include:
Five (5) years in each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Version control using GIT or SVN
- Designing back-end applications using PHP, Java, or Python
- Defining test plans and performing unit testing
- SQL database development including designing queries, triggers and stored procedures, performance tuning, or data ETL
Three (3) years in each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Scripting with Python, Shell, or JMeter
- Employing engineering and optimization best practices regarding front-end web standards, code maintainability, page rendering, or browser performance
- Developing web applications to ensure cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility
- Interfacing with business product leaders and engineers to gather requirements and translate requirements into system design
Two (2) years of experience with the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Relational database design and conceptualization
- Performing ETL, data replication, and backup in MSSQL, Oracle, or MySQL environments
- Utilizing Jenkins or Puppet to deploy application code into server environments
- Performance tuning in MSSQL, Oracle, or MySQL environments
- Advanced Excel, including manipulating data sets or performing regression functions for data analysis
Will accept a Master’s degree plus five (5) years of described experience.
Experience may be gained before, during, or after issuance of advanced degree.
Please copy and paste your resume in the email body do not send attachments, we cannot open them and email them at candidates at placementservicesusa.com with reference #2701834 in the subject line.