A 150+ bed hospital located in the Southern part of Oklahoma, about 1.5 hrs from Oklahoma City and 2 hrs from Dallas has a need for an experienced Hospital HR Director to join their team. There are 4 other employees in the HR department and you will get to work with an incredible CEO! Candidates MUST have hospital HR Director experience.
The Human Resource Director (HRD) is a strategic partner to the Facility CEO and other leadership team members, responsible for defining, developing, and implementing human resources initiatives. The HRD is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for all areas of Human Resources, including: employee relations, talent acquisition and assessment, compensation management, performance management, training and leadership development, policy and procedures; and managing a team of HR professionals. The HRD reports directly to the hospital CEO, while receiving formal direction from the HSC Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP).
Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
Minimum Work Experience:
Five years of progressive HR experience with a concentration on Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Training and Development and Compensation Management in a hospital setting is REQUIRED. Supervisory experience overseeing various HR support roles required. Previous experience overseeing the employee relations of a large number of employees in multi-site setting highly desirable. Extensive knowledge of federal and state employment law, CMS, OSHA and TJC regulatory compliance.
Certifications: PHR/SPHR Preferred
• Responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for all areas of Human Resources within the assigned facility.
• Lead the activities of Human Resources staff members in the hospital including defining expectations, training and managing performance.
• Work in conjunction with and take direction from HRBP to ensure alignment of HR Strategy and Vision.
• Responsible for developing and implementing effective, strategic recruitment, retention and succession planning programs, adhering to metrics and an analysis driven strategy.
• Serves as a liaison with the hospital leadership team, communicating and leading HR strategic initiatives, analysis and recommendations.
• Develop an expectation of consistent administration and application of HR policies, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Provide advice and counsel to facility management regarding appropriate progressive discipline; attend disciplinary meetings, investigations when appropriate and facilitate terminations to promote a positive employee/employer relationship.
• Direct the development and maintenance of competitive compensation programs utilizing market data and HRBP support.
• Responsible for ensuring HR compliance and readiness for Joint Commission, state/local surveys, SOX audits and other audits.
• Develop and utilize effective communication channels for educating and informing employees on various topics, with a focus on employee engagement (including, but not limited to employee benefits changes, policy changes, legal updates, training and development).
• Provide primary oversight and leadership for various HR related programs/initiatives, including Workers Compensation program, Performance Management program, HR Data integrity and data entry, Leave of Absence program, payroll activities in coordination with vendor.
• Develop, monitor, review, coordinate and facilitate training programs, as needed, in alignment with hospital and organizational strategies.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Takes an active role in and supports the hospitals community efforts Regular and reliable attendance.
• To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
Additional Information: Position serves both internal co-workers and external customers, clients, patients, contractors, and vendors. Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information. Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA). Skilled in the application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations, and state regulatory environments as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
This historic city is a great place to experience the influence of Native American, pioneers and military heroes. Our meaningful past and unique present will make your visit unforgettable. You will find inspirational beauty, historic importance, natural splendor and great fun for all ages. Explore nature's beauty in over 22,000 acres of wildlife habitat or fish and boat on one of our many lakes. When you need a change from outdoor adventures, head back to town for cultural festivals, entertainment, museums, historical landmarks, casinos, excellent restaurants and shops.