Our Behavior Management Consultants are skilled at understanding behavior excesses and creating a behavior support plan which facilitate success for the child or adult client in the home/community environment. As a member of D4D ABA’s Behavior Intervention Services (BIS) division, you will be a part of the solution, helping us achieve behavior goals that allow all clients to more fully and successfully access their home/community environments.
As a Behavior Management Consultant (BMC) at D4D ABA, you will:
• provide direct care through collaboration with children and/or adult clients/caregivers in a home setting.
• work directly and collaboratively with the client/client’s caregiver and other allied specialists to implement positive interventions.
• be responsible for preventing and intervening with clients’ challenging behaviors.
• learn specialized behavior approaches and implement behavioral strategies under the guidance and supervision of a BCBA.
• attend any required trainings and staff meetings as well as complete all assigned readings.
• support the client using principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
• maintain accurate records through daily documentation of client progress and adherence to prescribed behavior plan.
• travel to and from the client’s home/community setting as needed.
Minimum qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Special Education or a related field
Registered Behavior Technician certification
• at least 2 years’ experience implementing behavior treatment plans
• CPR certification
• able to participate and complete mandatory Safety Care training/QBS training and be able to utilize all aspects of this training within an instructional setting when necessary and adhere to certification guidelines and restrictions
• have daily access to a windows-based computer with: connection to the internet with Internet Explorer 6.0 (or greater), graphics card capable of displaying at least 16-bit at 800 x 600 resolution, and ability to send and receive email
• proficient in the use of modern office technology, equipment, and procedures including Microsoft Office, Adobe, basic email, internet, and be able to learn and adapt to new systems and software
• can provide reliable transportation to and from cases (including subcases when cancellations occur). Must provide current driver’s license and proof of Insurance
• must clear a current background check through the DOJ (Applicant out-of-pocket expense)
• a current TB Test (within the last 6 months)
ABOUT D4D ABA
Destined For Dignity ABA (D4D ABA) is a provider of applied behavior analysis therapeutic services to individuals with developmental disabilities throughout Northern California. Our professional staff deliver therapeutic services in homes and within the community. We strongly believe in encouraging our providers to work together in creating customized solutions and achieving client goals.
Our Mission: The mission of this program is to deliver evidence-based Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to children and adults with developmental disabilities to promote and empower individuals with developmental disabilities to maximize their potential by minimizing deficits in communication, socialization, and adaptive living skills. Our BIS program focuses on providing children and adults with developmental disabilities and their caregivers/guardians with direct access to trainer-to-trainer ABA therapy services in order to target socially significant behaviors that serve as a health and safety concern to self or others, impeded on independence, or decreases a client’s chances of accessing least restrictive supports, services and environments.
As part of our team, full-time employees enjoy:
• competitive pay ($17-25/hr)
• health, dental, and vision insurance (if eligible).
• up to 2 weeks paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, and 6 paid sick days.
• working with a team of dedicated professionals with a desire to make an impact in the lives of at-risk individuals.
We are looking for individuals that can:
• be proactive and have a solution-oriented approach to problem-solving.
• be an appropriate role model.
• thrive in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment.
• be flexible and embrace change.
• demonstrate emotional maturity and responsibility.
• innovate and act as an entrepreneurial self-starter.
• accept and value diversity.
• maintain a professional demeanor, attire, work schedule, and work ethic.
• ability to analyze, organize, prioritize, and follow through on all duties and tasks as assigned.
• further develop professional and technical skills.
Environment & Physical Qualifications: Assigned work environments vary from client to client. The work environment is usually comprised of the home/community environments of multiple client’s and/or their caregivers while under the supervision of a BCBA. Employees commonly travel between multiple clients, daily. Due to varied work environments and clients varying in age, an employee may encounter noise levels that are moderate to loud. In addition, the job functions could include the following physical demands: significant lifting of at least 50 lbs., carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling.
Destined 4 Dignity ABA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.