Immediate Opening for NACE Level 3 – Quality Control Paint Inspector
for Houston’s largest Commercial/Industrial Painting and Coating Facility with over 45 years in the Coating Industry. Position requires with a minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience with Industrial Quality Control Facility for Liquid Paint, Powder Coating and Special Films Inspections. Job is located in Northwest Houston at our Coating Facility, NO TRAVEL REQUIRED.
• Quality Control Inspector ensures compliance with safety and environment guidelines, policies, and regulations according to NACE Level 3 requirements.
• Provides assurance of quality for the liquid paint and application of specials films and powder coating and the blasting applications.
• Verifies that all surfaces are suitable conditions for the painting and coating procedures.
• Utilize electronic tools to check paint thickness, color, viscosity, check and evaluate for corrosion.
• Report all surface defects at the prep state, primary and intermediate coat and final finishes.
• Check and monitor all painting related works to ensure all final products meet in accordance with high-quality standards and company procedures, and fulfill all client requirements.
• Supervision of painting, blasting and special coating departments.
• NACE Coatings Inspector with Level 3 Certification.
• Previous painting, special coatings and blasting experience is Preferred.
• Must have good communication and organizational skills in fast-paced environment.
• Works well in team environment with excellent leadership skills and experience in managing people.
• Ability to coordinate and prioritize orders guaranteeing customer satisfaction with high-end quality products according to specifications.
• Must be able to read and interpret plans and CAD drawings, job specifications and specific Coating standards.
• Manage inspection reports and client quality communication.
• Looks for ways to improve processes, products and services.
• Bi-lingual Required.
• Must live in Houston, Texas.
Education: High-School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Benefits: Competitive Salary Offered with Medical, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance Benefits. Supplemental and Other Insurances Offered. Paid Vacations and Holidays.
Full Time Position: Work Week is Monday to Friday, 6:30 am - 4:00 pm. Some Overtime is required as needed.
IMPORTANT: MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST.