Department: Warehouse Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Operations Manager and or Warehouse Manager
Grade/Level: Amount of Travel Required: None
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: The position would supervise the warehouse personnel in operations.
Buffalo Rock is an award-winning Pepsi-Cola Bottler founded in Birmingham, AL, more than 100 years ago. The Warehouse Coordinator is a key member of the Warehouse team responsible for providing efficient daily warehouse functions. Provides day to day supervision over all warehouse operational processes.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Supervise, train and assist employee-partners in accomplishing their assigned task.
• Implement work schedules that will facilitate all shifts work being completed timely and with a minimum of overtime.
• Coordinate the loading functions within the division.
• Coordinate load crews and temp help.
• Insure all warehouse equipment is in proper working condition.
• Insure every reasonable precaution is taken to protect all assets, equipment and inventory from damage or theft.
• Assist with the hiring and disciplinary processes as needed.
• Enforce all company policies as they relate to safety and security making sure that all employee-partners are trained in respect to the policies.
• Review the time and attendance records to insure accuracy.
• Other activities as assigned by the Operations Manager, Warehouse Manager or Division Support Manager.
• Coordinates hiring process of warehouse employee-partners to include the interview process and scheduling of all pre-employment testing as assigned by the Operations Manager.
• Responsible for wearing all assigned safety equipment and observing safety rules.
• Responsible for continuous self-improvement through the knowledge and use of all Company and Division provided training, either web-based, in-house, or any other Company provided method. (Must successfully complete quarterly training curriculum, including but not limited to web-based and facilitated training.)
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
• Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: The individual should have broad warehouse experience. Prior management experience helpful.
Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of Microsoft programs required.
Licenses: Forklift certification required by Buffalo Rock Company.
Other Requirements: Requires general knowledge of Warehouse processes, Employee-Partner supervision.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Manually Manipulate F
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder F
Squat or Kneel F
10 lbs or less C
11-20 lbs C
21-50 lbs F
51-100 lbs O
Over 100 lbs O
12 lbs or less C
13-25 lbs C
26-40 lbs F
41-100 lbs O
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
• Sense of Sound - hearing is required for the total work day
• Sense of Smell
• Sense of Touch
• Sense of Balance
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - vest, slip resistant shoes and gloves
Working conditions will be inside and outside where temperatures will vary from extreme heat to extreme cold, working in rain or snow, all for extended periods.
Applicant's Signature: Date:
Interviewer's Signature: Date:
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.