Location: Racine, WI
Duration: 6 – 12 + Months
Remote : Yes, after 1 week
Position Summary: The BI Designer/Analyst will align with various business functions and seek a deep understanding of their process/technical challenges. This person will also be responsible for providing analysis, developing global standard reporting, and managing delivery of critical metrics and reports to drive focused and impactful discussions. The SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) developer will be responsible for designing and developing the dimensional models, associated OLAP cubes
1. Develop SSAS cubes that will source data from the data warehouse via star schema and reporting views.
2. Proactively builds relationships with strategic business partners and end users.
3. Work with business partners and end users to translate informational needs into meaningful business requirements.
4. Interviews end users to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality, and performance.
5. Recommends appropriate scope of requirements.
6. Works with data analysts/modelers and ETL specialists to uncover the appropriate sources of data for a proposed application or data extension.
7. Works with data stewards to evaluate the condition of data sources, prioritize integration roadmaps, and define appropriate improvements.
8. Works closely with data analysts/modelers to define appropriate logical models that accurately reflect existing business processes.
9. Helps prototype/assess potential solutions.
10. Translates requirements into technical specifications.
11. Validates that data solution meets requirements and service-level agreements.
12. Perform ad-hoc analysis to answer business questions.
13. Creates reports and dashboards to drive business decisions.
14. Coordinates reviews.
1. Strong analytic aptitude
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
3. Solid organizational and planning skills
4. Ability to work independently and within a team setting
5. Ability to translate business needs into relevant BI and analytics
6. Ability to provide ad-hoc analysis to answer business questions and present to business users effectively
7. Knowledge of key data warehousing and standardized reporting principles
8. Ability to work cross-functionally and be seen as a value-adding business partner
Experience & Qualifications:
1. Experience using data warehouse, preferably Teradata or analytics and reporting tools for business purposes.
2. Demonstrated ability to analyze all types of data and present results effectively.
3. Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in analytics and reporting discipline.
4. Technical: 5+ years of Microsoft SSAS development experience, 5+ years of strong SQL development experience, expertise building dimensional models and start scheme views.
5. Experience with analysis of Finance, Sales, Marketing, RD&E, Procurement, and/or Supply Chain Processes and Data.
Satish K Resource Manager
(O): 248 636 2770
E-Mail Id: email@example.com
Reliable Software Resources Inc.