Job Ref.: 3190
Job Title: Software Engineer - FEA
Role: Information Technology
Relocation Available: Yes
Town / City: Rockford
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Machine Tool manufacturing company looking for a Software Engineer with Finite Element Analysis.
The Software Engineer - FEA for the Composites Division will become part of a development team that develops software dedicated to the design and manufacturing of composite structures for a variety of applications including, but not limited to, aerospace vehicles. Rank and salary dependent on background/experience.
* Design, analysis, programming, debugging, and modification of software for composite applications focused on the use of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) along with other composite design tools
* Investigate application engineering tasks and prepare design specifications, analysis, and recommendations
* Support the "manufacturing process integration" for composite parts
* Provide customer support for software deployment and maintenance
* Ensure products and services provided by the company meet the highest standards
* Become very knowledgeable of the entire hardware & software infrastructure for automated machine tools and robotics equipment
* Working closely with other departments to meet the division's goals
* Meet deadlines and company goals
* Demonstrate continuous improvement philosophy*
* Programming knowledge and skills in C++ required
* Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) - use and/or programming
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
* Solid math background with vectors, 3D geometry, transformations, etc.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Flexible work attitude and excellent team player
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or hold a valid green card
* Recent industry or academic experience in Software Development
* Any experience related to Manufacturing, Industrial Machinery, or customer support for Software Applications is a plus
* BA / BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
* Alternatively: BS degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering with sufficient experience in a software development environment
* Graduate degree is a plus
* Experience in using standard Office applications, e.g. Word, Excel
* Experience with any of the following is a plus:
o Microsoft Visual Studio / C++
o Microsoft Widows based development environment
o 3D graphics programming
o Image processing / vision applications
o Source Control Systems
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
2. Programming knowledge and skills in C++.
3. Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) - use and/or programming.
4. Solid math background with vectors, 3D geometry, transformations, etc.
5. Must be a U.S. Citizen or hold a valid green card.
6. Experience related to manufacturing or industrial machinery is a plus.
C++ Software Engineer - Finite Element Analysis ( FEA )
Rockford, IL - 3d, c++, cad, total, aerospace, engineer,...
Software Engineer - FEA
Rockford, IL - 3d, composite, software, aerospace, c++, engineer,...
Software Engineer - FEA
Rockford, IL - 3d, composite, green card, c++, aerospace,...
Software Engineer - FEA - IL #3190
Rockford, IL - 3d, composite, fea, aerospace, engineer, c++,...
Microsoft Visual Studio / C++ Software Engineer
Rockford, IL - cad, aerospace, c++, 3d, engineer, composite,...
Rockford, IL - 3d, total, composite, cad, aerospace, c++,...
Technicians - Test - EMC/EMI - Aerospace or Commercial
Rockford, IL - emc, rf, aerospace, test, calibration, testing,...