Job Ref.: 3451
Job Title: Plant Manager - Broaching
Role: Engineering or Related
Relocation Available: Yes
Town / City: Harrison
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The plant manager position directs and manages all tooling operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities.
Direct and coordinate all areas of production in the production tooling and broaching departments and establish guidelines to be used by staff to organize and manage their areas in the most efficient manner.
* Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving.
* Investigate lost sales and customer accounts.
* Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
* Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
* Manages capital asset maintenance.
* Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
* Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
* Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
* Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
* Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
* Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
* Provides direction, development, and leadership to production supervisor.
* Determining proper work flow, programming and routing optimization to maximize productivity and manufacturing across the machine tool groups.
* Daily and weekly job scheduling and planning for all machine tool groups.
* Ensures customer satisfaction.
* Achieving on-time deliveries.
* Ensuring machine tools are properly protected, stored, inventoried, and maintained.
* Responsible for identifying and resolving manufacturing bottle-necks and sub-contracting requirements for all machine tool groups.
* Researching and obtaining proper tooling as needed on a job to job basis.
* Organization and inventorying of tooling and raw material for effective asset utilization.
* Ordering of raw materials for timely disposition to the shop floor.
* Coordinating and assisting with CEO on ISO re-certification.
* Interfacing daily and weekly with CEO and CFO to work through and resolve major issues.
* Coordinates with Human Resources to ensure plant wide compliance.
* Conduct market research and competitor and customer analysis.
* Analyze data to identify sales opportunities.
* Attend trade meetings and industry conventions.
* Cultivate effective business relationships with executive decision makers
* On-time delivery, quality performance costs, technology
* Sales growth, profit performance
* Repeat sales, quality award
* Customer satisfaction and company moral
* Customer returns, repeat sales growth, ISO certification
* Supervision of 50 or more work force
* International travel to customers
* Sales, costs, and profit meet or exceed plan
* Experience with close tolerance machining.
* Teamwork as part of middle management team with cross over responsibility with Quality Manager
* Experience with integrated manufacturing systems with quality modules
* Experience with programming and CNC inspection equipment
* Proven Leadership skills.
* Communication Proficiency.
* Decision Making.
* Problem Solving/Analysis.
* Financial Management.
* Business Acumen
* International Travel abilities
Directly supervises Department Managers and leaders. This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; developing, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This position is located on the shop floor. While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to temperature ranges from 65 to 95 degrees F as well as low and high humidity ranges. The employee may on occasion be exposed to any number of adverse shop elements/odors to the extent of being disagreeable. The noise level in the work environment in certain department areas is somewhat loud.
This position works on the shop floor and is expected to wear necessary safety equipment. The Quality manager is regularly required to talk or hear. The candidate is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, lifting, twisting and bending.
Bachelor's degree preferred in related field or ten years plant/tooling management experience in a manufacturing or production environment; exposure with managing a tooling or broaching environment; minimum of 5 years sales and customer service experience.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree preferred in related field.
2. 10+ years plant or tooling management experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
3. 5+ years of experience managing a tooling or broaching environment including customer interaction.
Plant Manager - Broaching - MI #3451
Harrison, MI - plant manager, cnc, plant, quality manager,...
Plant Manager - Broaching - MI #3451
Harrison, MI - plant manager, cnc, quality manager, plant,...
Finish Hand / Finish Inspector - (Die Corrector)
MI - plant manager, inspector, die, plant, tooling,...
CNC Machinist - Sinker/Wire EDM
MI - cnc, plant manager, machinist, die, machine, plant,...
MI - plant manager, laborer, maintenance supervisor,...
Senior Technical Production Manager
- plant, cavite, shipping, waste, assistant manager,...
Machinist - CNC/Conventional Lathe/CNC Mill/Manual Mill
MI - cnc, plant manager, machinist, mill, die, lathe,...