Garland Building Company is a full service construction firm with a solid history and offers a substantial opportunity for growth. As Construction Managers we specialize in Commercial Interiors and serve Corporate and Institutional clients in the Greater Boston area. The majority of projects are located in the city of Boston and typical project sizes range from 200K to 5M in size.
We are looking for a highly motivated estimator with experience in Commercial Interiors construction. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of similar experience and a bachelor’s degree in a related major. The candidate will be responsible for preparing competitive bids and detailed construction cost estimates. The candidate must be able to analyze RFP’s, blueprints, specifications, and other documents to accurately determine the scope of work and approach to construction.
• Development construction cost estimates including conceptual, schematic, design development and final construction document phases
• For large projects: Participate with Estimating Team by ensuring subcontractor coverage and developing scopes of work on assigned trades
• For small projects: Lead bid process from soup to nuts
• Reviews drawings and bid requirements thoroughly
• Perform detailed and accurate quantity take-offs and unit cost estimates of assigned trades
• Prepare scope sheets for all assigned trades
• Develops RFIs and clarifications
• Minor administrative work to set up project in company’s system and obtain documents
• Interact with subcontractors, suppliers, and architects as needed
• Coordinate with Operations Teams for their support activities
• Submit scoped pricing for input into project bid form
• Minimum of five years of experience in construction cost estimating
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related
• Ability to read and analyze plans and specs
• Knowledgeable of construction terminology
• Ability to meet with clients and present project cost estimates
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation skills
Please email your most current, updated resume and project list for consideration. Confidentiality is assured.
Boston, MA - estimator, autocad, interior, glass, architectural,...
Boston, MA - estimator, autocad, interior, rfp, architectural,...
Boston, MA - estimator, bid, chief, pipe, estimating, turbine,...
Project Manager / Estimator
Boston, MA - estimator, project, estimating, project manager,...
Estimator - Commercial and Residential Construction
Boston, MA - estimator, bid, mep, quantity, structural,...
Assistant Project Estimator
Lynn, MA - estimator, mep, bid, construction, assistant, en,...
Estimator - Drywall - Commercial Construction
Winchester, MA - estimator, drywall, estimating...