This position is responsible for the processes relating to electronic systems, instrumentation, PLCs and the troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and installation of electronic equipment and to optimize maintenance effectiveness through utilization of in-house systems through planning and scheduling maintenance activities.
• Participate/support the RMP (Risk Management Process) and assist in the development of the system and operational standards and corrective actions.
• Oversees all installations, troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic devices throughout the production processes and factory, ensuring conformance to specifications. Oversee problem solving efforts concerning electronic, PLC’s, and instrumentation equipment to minimize failures and downtime.
• Troubleshoot all factory PLC, HMI and Ethernet equipment and network connections.
• Responsible to insure proper training of in house technicians has been completed for each new system and those skills are kept current on all existing systems.
• Provides assistance and expertise to engineering concerning the design and installation of new systems.
• Provides proper communication and interface between the factory installations, vendors, and factory IS systems as applicable, utilizing software, servers, modems, etc.
• Responsible for identifying and maintaining spare parts inventories.
• Responsible for computerized maintenance management and activity scheduling for maintenance to minimize equipment downtime by developing PM procedures and frequencies and by ensuring PM’s maintain their proper priorities in the scheduling of maintenance activities.
• Responsible for developing and recommending improvements to equipment, methods, layout, and procedures pertaining to department operations. Reduce chronic problems and optimize performance of existing systems through analysis and implementation of solutions.
• Responsible for keeping costs at a minimum for efficient operation, proper care and economical use of materials, efficient distribution of workforce.
• Identify cost reduction improvement opportunities through accurate machine repair history and downtime records.
• Ensure that all work complies with OSHA, the National Electrical Code, and that all work is completed in a safe manner and displays good quality workmanship.
• Provide a safe and healthful work environment for all personnel through consistent support of the company’s Safety Process. Oversee safety processes including, but not limited to, goal setting, hazard recognition, and elimination, administration of safety procedures and corresponding corrective action, area inspection, job skills, and compliance training, accident investigation and safety meetings.
• Interprets company policies to workers and enforces policies and safety regulations.
• As necessary, other duties and/or projects may be assigned.
• BS degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or systems.
• Prefer 5-7 years’ experience.
• Working knowledge of personal computers, PLC’s and local IS systems.
• Ability to interpret computer terminology as it relates to data entry.
• Must be technically literate and able to interpret correctly symbols, diagrams, and schematics, drawing for information pertinent to the electrical and electronic systems, machinery or equipment.
• Must be able to demonstrate their knowledge of the following systems and equipment:
1) VFD control experience: Analog and Discrete I/O, ControlNet, Ethernet
2) PLCs: ControlLogix, CompactLogix, Slick 500
3) HMI experience: FatoryTalk View Studio, SE and ME Stations
4) Machine level communication: ControlNet, Ethernet
5) Plant level communications: Ethernet, RSLinx, FactoryTalk directory
7) Programming: Produce/Consume tags, AOIs, UDTs.
8) AB 500, AB5000, ME/SE,Device Net
• Willingness to grow with the organization.
• Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and strategic planning.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to deal with internal and external customers.
• Incumbent must have excellent planning/organization and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to work flexible hours; days, afternoons, midnights, and weekend work.
• Must be able to work in a factory environment (hot/wet/cold) as needed.
• Ability to multitask and work in a team oriented fast-paced environment.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Infrequent travel requirements.
• Detail and process oriented
Maintenance Supervisor (Automation/ PLC)
Massillon, OH - plc, maintenance supervisor, instrumentation, hmi,...
OH - plc, voltage, technicians, only, maintenance,...
Plant Technician, Electrical & Instrumentation
Orrville, OH - instrumentation, plc, plant, electrical,...
Truck Driver, Class A - Full Time - Home Daily
Kidron, OH - dot, maintenance, safety, test, driver, union,...
Canton, OH - carpenter, installer, maintenance supervisor,...
Tallmadge, OH - dispatcher, bus, maintenance supervisor,...
Instrumentation and Controls Designer
Akron, OH - designer, cad, instrumentation, 3d, instrument, 2d,...