Job title: Global Total Rewards/Work Day Projects Lead
Job type: Direct hire
Job function: Management
Industry: Financial Services
Experience level: Mid-senior
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job classification: Professionals
Compensation: $131,000 - $170,000 + 20% bonus
Location: New York, NY
Zip code: 10036
Skills: Compensation, Total Rewards, HR, Workday Expert
Experience required: 5 Years
Relocation assistance: No
Visa requirement: Only US citizens and Green card holders
Number of positions: 1
Manages team and global projects in the space of Total Rewards
•Manage the relation with all internal stakeholders.
•Effectively manage, and where necessary coach direct reports and project team resources
•Direct the project team during the development of a detail project plan in alignment with project scope and objectives
•Lead and ensure the delivery of all project tasks in partnership with technical and functional partners; hold team member accountable for identified roles and responsibilities during project execution
•Lead and ensure delivery of all project related documentation according to the project
•Demonstrates a fundamental understanding of job structures and roles
•Develop and manage a work plan for a project team. Manages records pertaining to project scheduling activities (e.g., timelines, critical path).
•Manages the process by which projects are organized and produced. Identifies, tracks, and manages issues related to the project. Accurately identifies and anticipates key elements/resources necessary to accomplish the project such as equipment, software, services, staff, operational procedures, training, communication and change strategy, and documentation.
•Establishes priorities and deadlines. Provides project costs and time estimates. Monitors progress.
•Identifies risks and develops risk mitigation plans
•Manages projects by identifying necessary metrics, managing and delivering to established metrics, and communicating progress of metrics throughout the life of the project
•Leads and conducts regular project meetings with appropriate resources.
•Requires sound investigative, diagnostic, and questioning techniques
•Evaluates the project after completion and shares pertinent information (e.g., identifying opportunities missed, contributions made by team members)
•Follows established project management procedures and guidelines and requires the use of judgment skills to resolve issues that are outside of normal operating procedures
•Delivers on-time and on-budget projects using a disciplined methodology. Responds to delivery schedules with appropriate level of urgency and perspicacity. Optimizes use of time and resources to achieve desired results. Identifies documents and manages out-of-scope activities as appropriate
Provides logistical and team communication
•Maintains an open, transparent, and supportive communication and partnership environment within all work streams and stakeholders
•Manages the collection and dissemination of information from various sources, both internal (e.g., information identified by the project team) and external (e.g., stakeholders, customers) that can be used for benchmarking, decision making, or just for informational purposes
•Prepares regular status and communications to senior stakeholders on project status
•Uses project meetings to ensure that all major aspects of the project are covered/communicated and to provide creative solutions to problems that might arise (e.g., timing issues in completing the project on time)
•Makes suggestions for increasing process effectiveness and improving image/quality of project.
Documents project and shares knowledge within company
•Acts as a source for other HR colleagues.
•Supports a team environment of continuous feedback and idea sharing.
This position operates with substantial latitude for un-reviewed actions and decisions. The position requires contributing to the unit through the knowledge and expertise of a service, product and/or business. It is necessary to use experience and knowledge to persuade and gain commitment for recommendations for change and to lead others to new insights about problems and/or opportunities. The job calls for identifying new trends and potential opportunities to generate new ideas for product/service improvements.
The position requires experience in the following areas:
• BA/BS degree with a minimum of seven to ten years’ experience successfully managing projects
• Previous experience with Job Standardization & Workday
• Familiarity with problem structuring and resource allocation
• Complete and thorough knowledge of project management techniques, concepts, and tools
• Proficient in tools used in support of office and project management (e.g., MS Office, Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel)
• Courses and certification in project management are a plus
Work planning and reporting
• Ability to create detailed time-phased project plans with limited oversight
• Familiarity with problem structuring and resource allocation
• Ability to define deliverables and provide frequent updates, resulting in high quality work product
• Strong capability to deliver executive-ready work product with limited guidance
• Skilled in taking complex ideas and creating frameworks and other approaches to clearly communicate ideas and gain support
• Ability to structure, plan, execute and analyze primary research through a variety of methods with manager guidance (e.g. interviews, focus groups, surveys) under guidance of Project Management Leader and work stream leaders
• Strong secondary research skills to leverage third party studies, benchmarking, and best practices
• Thoughtful quantitative skills, including ability to clean, combine, and analyze data
• Ability to ‘look beyond the numbers’ to call out meaningful insights; using data to tell a story and gain support
Cross-functional and business partnering
• Ability to create deep working relationships across functional, geographic, and line of business boundaries
• Experience navigating detailed functional processes (e.g. IT, legal, finance, marketing) in a complex environment
• Ability to lead teams and work effectively cross-functionally
• Possesses excellent planning and organizational skills
• Displays very good written communication, verbal and listening skills
• Exhibits very good facilitation skills
• Demonstrates very good leadership skills
• Uses sound judgment skills in making decisions
• Deals effectively with ambiguity in projects
• Shows respect for confidentiality
• Has ability to build relationships across HR and key stakeholders
• Behaves in an influential and thoughtful manner
• Acts as an outgoing citizen of the Global HR team
• This candidate must have lead/management experience for this role.
• This candidate will need to have a background in Workday Implementation.
• Candidate must have a background in COMPENSATION, TOTAL REWARDS AND HR.
• Candidate must be local to NYC
We are a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. We help clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Company has 60,000 employees are based in more than 100 countries.
Company offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds,
heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Global Total Rewards & Work Day Project Manager/HR/Workday/Comp/Reward
New York, NY - workday, project, hr, ms, project manager, manager,...
SaS Analyt with Viso
New York, NY - sas, qc, it staff, sql, hr, analyst, developer,...
HR Business Partner - Americas
New York, NY - hr, client, key, global, ensure, employee,...
HR Business Partner
New York, NY - hr, human, data, human resources, coach,...
New York, NY - experience, time, internal, projects, project,...
Total Solutions Manager
New York, NY - voip, total, services, base, communications,...
New York, NY - peoplesoft, hr, workday, advisor, powerpoint,...