• Support in the effective management of the Procurement Unit in line with Procurement Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures.
• The roles and responsibilities apply to the procurement functions of; Strategy & Planning; Advisory and Support, Sourcing, Negotiation and Contracting, Supplier Performance, Knowledge Management, Supervision and Relationship Management.
• The specific roles and responsibilities will be to execute the procurement duties below in line with MSION Procurement Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures and other relevant policies and procedures;
Procurement Forecasting & Planning:
• Support and participate in the preparation of the MSION Procurement Plan and subsequent updates of the Plan.
• Support in the implementation and realization of the Procurement Plan through sending notification to Programs and Departments to initiate Procurements; and advising on changes in procurement plan for Procurement Processes.
Liaison, Coordination & Technical Support:
• Communicating with suppliers, contractors, and MSION staff regarding purchase requisitions, specifications, bids, contracts, orders, and related matters.
• Preparing draft submissions to Cross Function Evaluation, Negotiation, Product/Technical Committee, Legal Team and Procurement Committee.
• Supporting and providing technical guidance to Programs and Departments in drafting specifications, establishing price estimates and other procurement technical aspects.
• Managing expectations of Users in line with applicable procedures and processes applicable.
Sourcing, Evaluations & Negotiations:
• Participate in the Prequalification of MSION Approved Suppliers in line with MSION Procurement Guidelines.
• Making recommendations to HPILAM to updating the MSION Approved Supply List.
• Ensuring that the Approved Supply List and Data Base is up to date.
• Ensuring that an up to date price List of Frequently procured items is maintained.
• Participate in cross-functional project teams assigned to develop or evaluate contracts or proposals.
• Apply proper descriptive terminology or specifications to requisitions for commodities and services; apply independent judgment and technical knowledge to analyzing bids, making awards, examining merchandise quality, and comparing specifications and prices of competitive items
• Assist in the development a variety of purchasing-related documents including contract terms, conditions, specifications, and contractual agreements.
• Secures price quotations and prepares terms, conditions, and/or specifications for prospective purchases.
• Making recommendations of the appropriate evaluation methodology and criteria procurements.
• Conduct and participate in the evaluation of proposals, bids, and quotations.
• Preparing evaluation reports and bid analysis and recommendations of award of contract.
Contracting & Contract Management:
• Preparing Purchase Orders with the Use of Tally System.
• Drafting, editing, reviewing, and interpreting contract terms, conditions, and specifications;
• Recommending negotiations and contract award for supplies.
• Ensuring the Supplier Performance reports are obtained per procurement transaction from Users/Programs.
• Examining, inspecting, and comparing the quality of merchandise and/or services purchased or to be purchased, to ensure that they meet the MSION requirements.
• Ensuring that the procurement transactions due for payment are complete and submitted to Finance for action.
Reporting & Knowledge Management:
• Preparing the Updated Monthly Procurement Plan and Monthly Procurement Reports.
• Ensuring that the appropriate Procurement Reference Numbers are assigned to every procurement transaction.
• Ensure a complete audit trail for all procurement process documentation.
• Liaise with Regional Officers on the submission of Monthly Procurement reports.
• Maintaining an up to date Procurement, Contract Risk & Register.
• Maintaining an up to date Supplier list with key supplier details; Supplier Admin & Bid Logs.
Supervisory & People Management:
• Supervises subordinate-level employees including: planning, organizing, and assigning the day-to-day workload; employee training and development; completing performance evaluations; and maintaining adequate staffing levels.
• Prioritizes own work and assists coworkers, vendors, and others with questions related to purchasing policies and procedures.
• At all times, maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders interacting with P&L Functions.
• Any Other Duties assigned from time to time.
Job Specific Competences:
• Analytical Thinking
• Conceptual Thinking
• Results Orientation
Education, Qualification and Training
• Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement & Stores Management, Commerce, or Business Administration.
• Essential: A professional Qualification in Procurement or at least Professional Qualification (e.g CIPS, NAVY,)
• Essential: Fluency in English (Written, Spoken and Reading)
• Proven excellent technical oral, written, and editing abilities
• Ability to present and write for multiple audiences
• Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to work well with others in team environments
• Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
• Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
• Strong people management skills
• Strategic guidance and planning skills
• Report writing
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should forward their updated CV to HR through this email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR send your contact information to this contact.
Supplier development officer
- purchasing, procurement, officer, msc, mba,...
Nigeria, Lagos - clerk, bid, ng, suppliers, procurement,...
Nigeria, Lagos - procurement, supply, supplier, manager, control,...
Nigeria - procurement, sourcing, manager, bsc, supply,...
Marketing And Sales Officer
Nigeria - officer, marketing, forecasting, sales, analyzing,...
Nigeria - urgently, officer, transport, transportation, send,...
Date Entry Officer
Nigeria - optical, preservation, officer, data, paper,...