AthenPollo is looking for a Senior Accountant to support a leading provider of Information Technology services client. This is a Fulltime Permanent position based in Chicago, IL.
Job Title: Senior Accountant with Mexican Taxes
Job Type: Full Time Permanent Role
Location: Chicago, IL
• Responsible for obtaining and verifying Mexican withholding tax forms each month from Mexican customers.
• Calculate foreign exchange MXN to USD or USD to MXN.
• Handle collections of past due Mexican accounts.
• Work with corporate tax department regarding tax matters.
• Handle any Mexican tax filing requirements.
• Prepare journal entries and financial statements for Mexican entity including those that must conform to Mexican regulations.
• Work with cash area to identify payments received from Mexican customers.
• Prepare accounting information for Mexican payroll or other Mexican entity activities.
• Handle various Mexican audit requests.
• Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable client’s policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
• 4+ years of accounting experience, operational accounting experience, or a combination of both.
• Fluent (oral and written) in Spanish.
• Legal, tax, and/or accounting experience in the rail industry, particularly with Mexican matters.
• Experience reviewing, administering, and filing Mexican tax documents.
• Experience preparing financial statements including reading and preparing financial statements in Spanish.
• 3+ years of tax and accounting experience with Mexican entities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Strong proficiency in Excel, including experience extracting data from databases to create Pivot Tables.
• Respond promptly to internal and external requests.
• Meet established deadlines.
Candidate Must Have Verification
• Applicant meets the basic qualifications in the job description.
Contact: Syed Irfan
Email ID: Syed.Irfan(AT)athenpollo.com
AthenPollo is a fast growing and dynamic organization providing IT consulting and staffing services for over 8 years and committed to becoming one of the nation’s premier IT companies. Our highly skilled and experienced team strives to deliver the highest levels of service and value to our Customers and Consultants. Our client base is comprised primarily of Fortune 500 companies and large systems integrators.
Chicago, IL - accountant, usd, contact details, accounting,...
Chicago, IL - commodity, accountant, commodities, export,...
Chicago, IL - accountant, public, accounting, tax, books, direct,...
Chicago, IL - accountant, peoplesoft, university, child,...
Accountant, International Accounting (Bilingual Spanish)
Chicago, IL - accountant, spanish, cleaner, accountancy,...
Chicago, IL - accountant, peoplesoft, university, information,...
Operations Accountant 4 (Rail Analyst)
Chicago, IL - french, accountant, customs, accounting, canadian,...