160567 Sales Specialist (New Programs Engineer)
Our customer located in Novi, MI is seeking an experienced Sales Specialist (New Programs Engineer) for a direct hire position.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon level of experience.
This position requires travel up to 25% of the time to visit manufacturing sites and satellite offices.
Coordinate all new program quotation and activity for all stages of development and production with the support of various internal departments. Create and maintain relationships with key customers as needed. Manage tooling and piece price communications and negotiations with customer to achieve expected Return on Sales (ROS) and profitability. Assess engineering changes and cost/price relationship and maintain records in order to report for both internal management and external customers.
Essential Job Functions
• Obtain and analyze data (drawings, supplier quotes, engineering changes, etc.), create detailed quotes, and negotiate with the customer.
• Coordinate new quote activity at all stages for seats, components, and tooling.
• Provide clear explanations for quote strategies.
• Make quotations for new business RFQ.
• Correspond with customer on pricing details and negotiate on piece price and tooling.
• Verify pricing conforms to our client's standards and is accurate.
• Maintain profit tracking of the program through each engineering change level.
• Provide financial status of the program (profit and loss) for piece price and tooling status.
• Submit estimates and quotations to the customer for potential Engineering Change Instructions (ECI).
• Establish sales recovery associated with ECI’s and for budget purposes (i.e. Ringi).
• Review ECI requests for financial impact and approve changes once financial responsibility has been identified.
• Submit customer forms for pricing changes when ECIs are implemented.
• Create and enhance relationships with potential OEM.
• Follow up on customer purchase orders for tracking and payment.
• Provide and explain price detail information to internal management and the customer.
• Manage the schedule and ensure clear understanding of cost structure in preparation of customer paperwork.
• Develop and determine intercompany pricing (including changes) for components.
• Compare new program sales quotation with Cost Planning (CP) calculations to ensure profitability and/or identify delta items.
• Recommend improvements to internal sales quotation processes.
• Calculate and report financial feedback for CCIS, Value Analysis / Value Engineering (VA/VE) ideas, and pre-ECI documents.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Project Management, or related field required, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• Master’s Degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience required.
• Project cost management and/or associated automotive sales / finance experience.
• Previous experience working for a Tier I or Tier II Automotive company is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of automotive interiors experience preferred.
• Previous experience with commodity based quotations is preferred to include: plastic injection, stampings, urethane, trim materials, seat materials, and related tooling.
Required Personal / Technical Skills
• Thorough understanding and working knowledge of automotive plants and processes / principles, company products, trade terminology, manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment, and machine operation.
• Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and understand engineering documents such as 2D/3D automotive drawings (component, assembly, and equipment), technical standards, and ECI.
• College level mathematical ability (algebra / geometry / trigonometry).
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, percentages, commissions, proportions, margins, and mark-up.
• Sufficient mechanical aptitude a plus.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Strong multitasking and organization skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work with a dynamic and demanding team.
• Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports and graphs.
• Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to present financial information in support of the company’s goals.
• Ability to be adaptable and flexible in a constantly changing environment.
• Ability to work in a team environment to support demanding automotive customer requirements.
Required Language Skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
Required Computer / Software Skills
• Proficiency in MS Excel is required.
• Proficiency in MS PowerPoint is preferred.
• Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Lotus Notes, Internet, etc.).
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit, talk, see and hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Forward your resume in MS-WORD document format via separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “160567 Sales Specialist (New Programs Engineer)” in the subject line of your email. Please DO NOT use the “Apply Now” feature.
Only those candidates that are eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship will be considered. The selected candidate will be required to pass a Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, and must provide 2 to 3 Professional References (Manager, Immediate Supervisor, etc.).
We appreciate your interest in The DAKO Group. After careful review and consideration of your resume, we will contact you directly if we are interested in pursuing a further assessment.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES!
Senior Tooling Engineer
Farmington, MI - injection, mold, tooling, plastic, die, trial,...
Senior Tooling Engineer
Farmington, MI - injection, mold, tooling, plastic, degree, tool,...
Senior Tooling Engineer
Farmington Hills, MI - injection, mold, tooling, plastic, die, maker,...
Competitive Analysis Engineer - Benchmarking
Farmington, MI - commodity, engineering, engineer, automotive,...
Sales Specialist Flooring
Canton, MI - flooring, sales specialist, orders, canton, sales,...
Sales Specialist Flooring (Full-time)
Westland, MI - flooring, sales specialist, special, orders, sales,...
Senior Technical Sales Specialist
Farmington Hills, MI - technical sales, sales specialist, technical,...