JOB TITLE: Child Psychiatrist
EFFECTIVE DATE: 2016
PROGRAM: Psychiatric and Medical Services
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
FACILITY: Polk County
CITY: Lakeland/Bartow and other locations
JOB STATUS: Full Time and Pro Rata schedules available
Reporting to the Peace River Center Medical Director, this position will provide and oversee direct care to children or adolescent patients for inpatient and outpatient services and program as assigned, including the PRC Wellness Clinic (one of Florida’s first integrated primary care mental health clinics).
This position participates in evening and weekend coverage and on-call and rounds rotation as well as consultation services provided to other community-based providers.
Representative Essential Work Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide psychiatric services to children with mental health, substance use and co-occurring disorders.
- Perform psychiatric and medical evaluations; prescribe psychotropic and/or other medications, conduct intake assessments.
- See clients for medication management, psychiatric evaluation and other services as scheduled for inpatient and outpatient services.
- Consult with clinical staff.
- Participate in and/or lead individual case staffings or treatment team meetings and planning and consultation to treatment team members.
- Approve services for clients and complete all paperwork accurately and in required time frames to insure timely billing.
- Maintain and complete documentation of services provided within allotted time frames and according to PRC quality assurance standards and policies.
- Comply with all agency, state, and federal guidelines regarding the prescription, administration, and review of psychotropic medications.
- Participate in department medical/clinical meetings and participate in program development.
- Admission/discharge review.
- Testify at mental health commitment court hearings held at PRC as requested or necessary.
- Participate in and/or lead education and staff development programs as assigned or requested.
- Participate in the PRC quality assurance and improvement process to ensure the appropriateness and quality of medical care and services as requested by the Medical Director.
- Assist in communicating the mission of PRC to the community; act as an advocate for the agency by encouraging and facilitating community involvement in the activities of the agency.
- Encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity. Foster commitment and team spirit.
- Acquire, maintain, and apply knowledge of social, regulatory, political, and economic factors that relate to patient care services.
- Participate in regulatory and licensure surveys and interact with outside regulatory agencies as necessary or requested.
- Display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently. Works with minimal supervision. Demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail.
- Completion of required Continuing Medical Education units to maintain licensure in the State of Florida and PRC required education and training requirements.
- Participate in day, evening and weekend coverage and on-call and rounds rotation as well as consultation services provided to other community-based providers as assigned. Be available by phone for after-hours consultation as necessary or assigned.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned in keeping with the skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school.
- Completion of an accredited Psychiatric Residency Training program.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Florida.
- Current DEA number with no restrictions on prescribing controlled substances.
- Eligible for Medicare, Medicaid and other third party reimbursement. Individuals excluded from participation in federal reimbursement programs (including Medicaid, Medicare, and CHAMPUS) by the Office of the Inspector General do not meet the requirements for this position.
- Successful completion of a background review and reference checks as required by law, including: Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, Dependent Adult Registry Check, Sexual Offender Registry Check, Screening of the National Practitioners Data Bank, and other checks as required by law.
Extensive experience providing psychiatric services, prescribing psychotropic medication, performing psychiatric evaluations, and treating severely mentally ill patients; experience treating patients with substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders; knowledge of recovery-based services and principles; knowledgeable regarding evidence based practices; extensive experience in mental health clinic settings; forensic experience; experience using electronic medical records and documentation.
Board Certified or Board Eligible in child or adolescent, psychiatry or addiction services.
This position may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department, client or agency needs.
Knowledge-Skills-Abilities Required to Perform Satisfactorily
- Knowledge of human behavior and complex behavioral problems.
- Knowledge of child development and principles of group practice.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences; knowledge and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of psychiatry.
- Knowledge of wellness and recovery models.
- Knowledge of advanced pharmacology, and psychotropic medication.
- Knowledge of mental illness, substance use and co-occurring disorders.
- Knowledge of consultation and education theory and techniques.
- Knowledge of DSM-IV criteria.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws.
- Knowledge of medication side effects.
- Knowledge of drug interactions.
- Skill in psychiatric diagnosing, crisis intervention techniques and treatment of psychiatric, mental health and substance use disorders.
- Skill in psychiatric interview process and psychotherapeutic techniques.
- Skill in prescribing psychotropic medications.
- Skill in treatment planning.
- Skill in interpreting laboratory tests.
- Skill in assessing and developing treatment programs.
- Skill in the operation of a computer and use of appropriate computer software.
- Ability to handle stress, and maintain a positive attitude in interactions with co-workers & clients
- Ability to stabilize crisis situations.
- Ability to effectively supervise others while coordinating multiple functions.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to relate effectively with clients.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, volunteers, medical and clinical professionals in the community.
- Ability to initiate professional referrals.
- Ability to interpret laboratory analyses and x-rays.
- Ability to prepare and supervise the preparation of case histories and the keeping of health care records according to Quality Assurance standards.
- Ability to differentially diagnose mental health, substance use and medical disorders.
- Ability to relate to patients in a manner conducive to bringing about improved physical or mental health.
- Ability to plan for and allocate scarce medical/psychiatric resources.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team for the coordination of client care.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, staff members, clients and public groups.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
FL - psychiatrist, substance, abuse, psychiatric,...
Physician - Psychiatrist
FL - psychiatrist, psychiatric, erp, ins, medical,...
ARNP - Psychiatric Family/Child
Lakeland, FL - arnp, psychiatric, practitioner,...
Hiring Caregivers - Flexible schedules and benefits
Polk City, FL - full time, apply, city, perform, time, hour,...
Psychiatrist for Weekend Work North Florida (PS) CP
FL - psychiatrist, were, facilities, ps, care, access,...
Hiring Caregivers - Flexible schedules and benefits
Lakeland, FL - open, positions, time, full, training, benefits,...
Plant City, FL - inspector, calibration, plant, quality,...