Training, presentation, executive management
|Gail Montgomery **** Sewee Fort Road Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466 Phone: 914-***-**** E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Summary: Accomplished senior executive with a unique combination of corporate, entrepreneurial and non-profit executive
management experience leading start-ups, turnarounds and early to mid-stage business opportunities in the health, consumer education and personal transformation industries. Visionary leader with demonstrated abilities to lead innovation and change. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven track record of building effective relationships and consensus among diverse constituents across industries, classes and races.
Director, Getting Ahead Family Partnership East Cooper Community Outreach, Mt. Pleasant, SC 2008 – 2011 Recruited by the Board of Directors to provide strategic direction and operational support to a non-profit tasked with shifting
its charitable “hand-out” services to a “hand-up” empowerment model aimed at reducing generational poverty in its service area.
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS • Created an innovative and comprehensive wrap-around educational program using a variety of nationally recognized
curriculum encompassing self-assessment, goal setting, financial literacy, career development, interpersonal skills and parenting education targeting single mothers raising children under 18 years of age. Outcomes include 85% retention rate, 95% satisfaction rating, 66% enrollment in ongoing adult education programs and 25% enrollment in higher education
• Identified and built strategic multi-year relationships with over two dozen partner agencies, exponentially expanding the agencies ability to offer empowerment and asset building programs
• Spearheaded the launch of a community wide volunteer-based literacy initiative in January of 2010 that currently involves 200 community volunteers, three elementary schools and five churches serving over 90 academically at-risk second and third grade children from low-income households.
• Generated over $250,000 in grant awards and donations to support program development
President and CEO Nutrition 21, Purchase, NY 1999 - 2005 Promoted to President and CEO after 13 months. Redirected corporate strategy to protect the business from the expiration
of key patents, implemented a $3 million restructuring of operations, divested non-core businesses and re-aligned patent portfolio in order to capitalize on a National Institutes of Health funding directive that served as the company’s product development platform.
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS • Successfully lobbied Congress to support the continuation of NIH funding of a proprietary research program that
generated more than $5 million in research grants to further support product development and marketing objectives • Forged alliances with key academic, government and regulatory agencies and leveraged relationships to develop a three
year public relations program that increased product sales by 50% • Raised $12.8 million in equity over a three year period and tripled stock valuation
• Strategic Planning • Program Design, Implementation and Coordination
• Fund Raising • Grant Writing
• Budgeting & Financial Management • Change Management
• Volunteer Recruitment, Training and Management
• Public Speaking
• Community Consensus Building
1641 Sewee Fort Road Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466 Phone: 914-***-**** Fax: 843-***-**** E-Mail: email@example.com
President and CEO Diet Workshop, Cambridge, MA 1992 - 1998 Recruited to assist a venture-backed turnaround of a diet franchise network with sales of over $25 million. Promoted twice in
two years, before appointment as President in 1994 and CEO in 1996.
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS • Oversaw the re-design of the company’s behavior modification and nutrition programs and re-engineered franchise
business systems resulting in a 15% increase in retention and 5% gain in profitability • Developed strategic alliances with regional health insurance providers, corporate wellness programs, fitness clubs and
physician networks resulting in a 20% expansion in members • Increased per person revenues by 60% and reduced total operating costs by more than 200%
President 1989 - 1992 Fresh ‘n Fit, Peekskill, NY Raised $2.2 million to launch a gourmet weight loss program that featured freshly prepared home-delivered meals, and exercise and behavior modification programming, Achieved $3 million in sales within two years.
Founder, Principal 1982 - 1989 Personal Profiles, Bedford, NY Founded and operated a health and fitness consulting firm specializing in personal training, individual and corporate wellness programs and seminars.
Education: Douglass College, Rutgers University Bachelor of Arts, English/Communications 1972 – 1975 New Brunswick, NJ
Non-Profit Affiliations: Vitamin Relief, USA, Board member, Board President; Women’s President Organization Advisory Council; Member;
National Indian Health Board, Member; Citizen’s for Health, Member; Knowledge Bridge Foundation, Board Member; Human Health Project, Advisor; Rutgers University Nutrition Advisory Council, Member, FTC Weight Loss Council, Member
Hobbies: Travel, weightlifting, yoga, movies, books
Married, 3 children, excellent health
Similar ResumesCustomer Service Administrative Assistant Medical
- medical administrative assistant, bloomington,...Marketing Business Assistant Administrative San Antonio
San Antonio, TX
- digital marketing, austin tx, jerry, ecommerce,...Sales Marketing Manager Business Development Representative
- medical assistants, account representative, sample,...Manager Management Business Experience Case Social Work
- lmsw, hrm, couple, social worker, recruiter, fairs,...Graphic & Web Design, Teaching, Training, Instructional Design
- lecturers, cia, coreldraw, logo, collector,...Spanis Teacher
- coreldraw, winston, trenton, educator,...High School Curriculum Vitae Coordinator United States
Florida.Santander. Colombia, SC
- tesol, sergio, trinidad, teenagers, tara, licence,...Educator
- special education teacher, education teacher,...Special Education Developer Teacher Experience
- primary teacher, pictures, psychologist,...Development Experience Developer Data Management
- 70k, developer, 6th, english teacher, lindsey,...