Kara L. Peters
Education Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, Concentration in Dietetics
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
Graduation: December 2011
Nutrition Counselor, Assistant Director, Program Specialist June 2012- August 2012
June 2011- August 2011,
Camp Shane Weight Loss Program, Mayer, AZ
• Prepared, organized, and presented proper nutrition, healthy eating habits, behavior modification, and more to campers ages 7-17.
• Verified and approved proper portion sizes of snacks and meals for campers prior to serving.
• Gathered healthful recipes and demonstrated how to prepare and modify them to a class of 18-30 campers.
• Motivated over 50 campers to live healthful lifestyles by losing weight, eating healthy, and becoming active.
• Researched and organized daily, weekly, and monthly schedules including an off campus trip once a week, fun evening activities and weekend special events.
Nutrition Director’s Assistant January 2011- February 2012
Veteran Affairs Hospital, Phoenix, AZ
• Researching and developing a Sports Nutrition pamphlet for patients.
• Gathered data for the Veteran Affair research project by interviewing and administrating a questionnaire to diabetic patients.
• Screens 12-18 patients efficiently per hour for nutritional risk.
Volunteer Cashier May 2010-June 2011
Phoenix Public Market, Phoenix, AZ
• Answered questions and directed customers to locations of vender and products
• Provided friendly and efficient service to customers in a fast pace environment.
Server, Bandera, Scottsdale, AZ January 2011-June 2012
Trainer, Server, The Cheesecake Factory, Chandler, AZ September 2005-January 2011
Caterer, Bartendar, Macayo’s Mexican Kitchen, Tucson, AZ July 2002-August 2005
Member of Big Brothers Big Sisters
Member of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics