*. PROPOSED POSITION
CIVIL ENGINEER (QUANTITY SURVEY / PROJECT MANAGEMENT / CONTRACTS)
2. NAME ANIL BHATIA
3. DATE OF BIRTH Januay 4, 1968
4. NATIONALITY Indian
5. PERSONAL ADDRESS
E-MAIL ADDRESS 29, Laxmi Apartments, Plot 24/3, Sector – 9
6. EDUCATION Post Graduate Diploma in Construction Management, Delhi Productivity Council, 2000
Diploma in Management – 1998
B. E. (Civil) M.S. University Baroda Gujarat, 1991.
Diploma in Interior Decoration, 1991.
Six Months Computers course from NIIT (MS-Office including MS- Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access) – 1998
Certificate Course in AutoCAD from Heights – 2004
Certificate on training for ‘QE-Pro’ Software (Computer Aided Quantity Estimation) from Centre of Architectural & Engineering Software - 2007.
Training from EBEES Engineering Solutions in Primavera P-6.
Certificate course in Contracts Management from NICMAR (Results awaited)
7. OTHER TRAINING Seminar on Quality Mgmt. of Building structures, - 1997 in SPA. Training Courses on Budgeting / Quantity Estimation
Seminar on valuation of Structures – at Instt of Valuers. – 1998
Seminar on Green Buildings
8. MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES Life Member of ‘Indian Concrete Institute’.
Life Member of Indian Institute of Engineers.
9. COUNTRIES OF WORK EXPERIENCE India, Macau (Near Hong Kong), Gabon (West Africa)
10. LANGUAGE & DEGREE OF PROFICIENCY Language Speaking Reading Writing
English Excellent Excellent Excellent
Hindi Excellent Excellent Excellent
Punjabi Excellent N.A. N.A.
Malayalam Nominal Nominal N.A.
11. DETAILED TASKS ASSIGNED Preparation and Monitoring the Project schedule and tracking of the dates and activities.Scrutiny of tenders and BOQs / Estimates Dealing with Services / consultants for all services, documentation and correspondence with client, preparation of weekly & other progress reports and vendor database management
12 JOB EXPERIENCE
Mar.2011 – till date
Voyants Solutions Pvt. Ltd.(Previously Ramki Infra Consulting Pvt. Ltd.)
Assistant General Manager – Project Development & Planning
Contract Management (Working on BOQs / Estimates, contract documents, tender documents for various types of Projects, supervising a team of Quantity Surveyors and dealing with various Services Consultants and vendors.
Also looking after assignments related to Project Management Consultancy – Preparing and Monitoring Schedules on MS-Project, tracking progress and site related issues, monthly reports and various manuals associated with Project Management.
Contract Management for Building and Infrastructure Projects.
Working on Claims / Extra items / analysis / verification.
Working on Business development activities including preparation of tenders / Expression of interests and Technical / Financial bids.
Some of the Projects Handled / associated with:-
(1) Indospace Logistics Park (Project Cost INR 75 crores)
(2) Mangalore SEZ (Project Cost INR 40 Crores)
(3) Bangalore Development Authority (Project Cost INR 85 Crores)
(4) GSEZ in Gabon (West Africa) (Project Cost 700 USD)
(5) Estimation of some buildings in Gabon.
(6) Star Hotel and Convention Centre project for Naya Raipur Development Authority (PPP Project) – PMC / QS
Dec.2009 – Mar.2011
Archetype Construction Consultants Pvt. Ltd. (Nature of employment – Contractual)
Manager (Commercial / Contracts)
Contract Management (including working on change orders or related contract documents, tender documents for different packages for five-star hotel project comprising of area ten lakhs sq. ft. built up area. Checking R.A.Bills, extra items/claims by the Contractor, finalization of Contracts’ Packages (Civil and Services’ Works)
From to July 2006 – Dec.2009 - (Nature of employment – Regular)
Employer Architects Bureau
Position Held Manager (Projects / Contracts & Co-ordination)
Duties - - Preparation and Monitoring the Project schedule and tracking of
- the dates and activities.
- - Preparation and Scrutiny of tenders and BOQs / Estimates, inviting
- and receiving bids from qualified contractors / bidders,
- preparing comparative statements / negotiating for
- finalizing contractors
- - Dealing with Services / consultants for all services, documentation
- - Correspondence with client,preparation of weekly & other
- progress reports, generating and tracking of RFIs & related
- Project Administration activities.
- - Vendor database management.
- - Preparation of Site Evaluation and Analysis Reports.
- - Preparation of Plinth Area Estimates.
- - Involved in Business Development activities- Preparation of
- EOI Documents / Proposals / RFPs and tender Bids & attending
- client meetings for marketing)
- - Involved in overall administration, HR practices like
- conducting interviews for various categories of candidates, general
- Administration, etc.
- - Dealing with Government Bodies like DDA, DAMB, etc., for
- obtaining approval / checking of estimates, BOQs, etc.
Some of the Projects Associated include :-
1) Renovation of Hotel Ashok
2) Training Venues of Commonwealth Games – 2010
3) Poultry Market at Gazipur, New Delhi
4) CIEL Square for Uppal’s Group
5) Uppal’s IT Park
6) Mall at Plot 23, Raja Garden
From to July 2001 – June 2006 – (Nature of employment – Regular)
Employer Currie & Brown (India) Ltd. (UK based company involved in Quantity Survey / Cost Control / Project and Contract Management)
Position Held Senior Quantity Surveyor
Description of Duties -
- - Working on Take – off of Quantities from drawings for
- different types of Civil Engineering Structures.
- - Rate Analysis of different types of items.
- - Formulation, Preparation, Analysis & making bid
- comparison statements of Contract Documents for
- different types of Packages for various Projects.
- - Measurement Checking, Bill verification and Certification
- of works done by the Contractors.
- - Dealing with Manufacturers / Suppliers / Vendors
- for Quotations and preparation of Database and
- Comparison Statements for the same.
- - Preparation of Project Management Manual.
- - Assisting the Director (Technical) in Planning Activities
- of Projects (Worked on MS-Project Software).
- Leading a team of Junior Quantity Surveyors.
- - Involved in Project Management activities of various projects
- Co-ordinating with various agencies involved in the project for planning and execution on site as well as checking bills of subcontractors.
- Drafting technical specifications, contract documents for different packages, making comparative and analytic statements of bids, estimation and preparation of BOQ.
- Supervising Construction activities (ensuring progress and quality) on site, documentation and maintenance of records preparing / tracking schedules on MS-Project.
- ADB tendering / Preparation of Contract Documents / EOI for a number of ADB funded / Other Infrastructure projects.
So Some of the Projects / Clients Associated include :
- BlueScope Steel India Ltd. (Industrial and Office
- Buildings’ Projects)
- Mayapur Cultural Institutional Project.
- Deustche Bank (Office Interiors)
- Group 4 (Office Interiors)
- Intel Technologies India (Pvt.) Ltd.
From to Jun’ 1998 to Jul’2001 - (Nature of employment – Regular)
Employer M/s. Mitsui Kensetsu India Pvt. Ltd., (MNC from Japan).
Position Held As Quantity Surveyor / Engineer
Description of Duties Nature of duties involve Preparation of Bill of Quantities, Contracts administration/ documentation, Quantity Estimates, Contract Pre And Post Quantity Surveying, Making site investigations, preparation of tender / contract documents for subcontractors / suppliers along with specification of works, rate analysis of items, preparation of comparison statements, budgetary estimates, settlements of bills, assisting in preparation of schedules through MS Projects for industrial / interior renovation projects. Associated with projects as well as Contracts and Cost Control Department.
Additional Charges handled at Honda Projects
• Looked after Concrete production and supply through semi automatic batching plant along with testing of concrete / aggregate and analysis of test result.
• Looked after the execution/erection of ‘Pre-Engineered Building’ (agency associated – M/s Tiger Steel Engg.) works for factory/utility building, as well as billing for these works.
• Looked after construction supervision as well as Bill checking for Road Work.
• Project associated are Industrial Project for Jamna –NHK-Allevard (worth Rs. 9 crores), Honda Motors and Scooters India Ltd. (worth 60 crores).
From to March 1993 to Jun 1998 - (Nature of employment – Regular)
Employer DLF group of companies
Position Held Project Engineer (Planning)
Description of Duties Nature of work involved Quantity estimation, preparation of procurement Schedule Bar Charts, general work supervision, for hi-rise buildings. Also had some working experience in working on Lotus / WS / MS Window / Primavera ver 2.0 / MS Project.
Also worked in the ‘Project Monitoring and Quality Management Group’. Functions included general site quality control, monitoring site progress, control of Concrete quality through statistical analysis of cube results, material checking/testing in laboratory, quantities / bill verification, reporting the conformity of execution as per drawings / specifications and I.S codes, preparation of quality assurance / plans for site, technical audits for materials, works, etc. as well as subcontractor billing. Also monitored works related to fabrication / installation of Architectural Aluminium works like doors / windows / partitions (Involved in various projects like Regency Park, Beverly Park, etc. ranging worth 300 million to 550 million)
From to Dec’ 1991 to Dec’1992 - (Nature of employment – Apprentice)
Employer M/s. Central Water Commission.
Position Held Graduate Trainee
Description of Duties Graduate Apprentice Trainee in Central Water Commission, Delhi in Hydel Civil Directorate, nature of work involved structural / Hydraulic design of various structures, structural drawings and detailing, preparing quantity estimates for various structures. (Project values varying as per assignment.) Also associate with architects / consultants in part time. (Project value from 35 lacs to 1 crore)
From to Jun’ 1991 to Oct’ 1991
Employer M/s. Unique Projects Engg. Services
Position Held Site Engineer/Quantity Surveyor
Description of Duties Renovation site of Hong Kong Bank office building at Connaught Place, New Delhi. Activities involved general site work, taking up measurements and bill checking / Quantity Surveying. (Project Value Worth 1.2 crores)
I have also worked as Associate (for Project Based Assignments).the list of Organisations and Projects is mentioned as below:
1) Military Hospital at Dehradun ( 560 beds)(Client –Acme Consultants, Delhi; Work for Military Engineering Services) – Cost of the Project :- Rs.70 crores – Preparation of Tender Documents and BOQ / Estimate
2) Office portion for AIIMS (Client :- Sunrise Consortium Architects,; Cost of the Project – Rs.45 Lacs) – Preparation of Tender Documents and BOQ/Estimate for Interior Works.
3) Office for M/s Tetratech (Client – DSA Architects,New Delhi; Cost of the project – Rs.50 Lacs; Area – 4000 Sq.ft.) – Preparation of BOQ/Estimate and Tender Documents for Interior Works.
4) Girl’s hostel at Mirinda House (Client – Spaces Architecture Studio; Cost of the Project – Rs 2.5 Crore ; Area – 10,000 sq.ft) – Preparation of BOQ/Estimate and Tender Documents for Civil Works.
5) Pump House for Vedanta Aluminium Factory at Jharsuguda (Client – Srishti Project Consultants; Cost of the Project – Rs.45 Lacs; Area – 3200 sq.ft) – Preparation of BOQ/Estimate.
6) Residence at Panchsheel for Godha family (Client – Srishti Project Consultants; Cost of the Project – Rs.40 Lacs; Area – 4000 sq.ft) – Preparation of BOQ/Estimate.
7) Luxor factory at Noida (Client – Srishti Project Consultants) – Preparation of BOQ for Civil Works.
8) Factory for Ahuja Radios (Client – Srishti Project Consultants) –
Preparation of Bar Bending Schedules.