KATHERINE A NOWAK,CMA
After a long and successful career at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of WNY, I returned to college in order to attain my New York State certification (CMA). I have enjoyed many diverse and challenging Service Representative venues where I was able to demonstrate my excellent organizational abilities with a high degree of professionalism. This includes experience in Medical Coding/Billing and a Call Center environment which includes Medent, EMR, ICD9 and CPT4.
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE SKILLS
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of WNY 12/71-12/99
• Physician Service Department, Subscriber Service Dept. Buffalo, NY
• Claims Representative Claims Coding
• Claims Preparation Dept. –Transcribing scanned information into document Clerk Typist, Data Entry Specialist
• Clerk Typist
WNY Medical, PC 11/11-present
• Clinical Medical Assistant Buffalo, NY
• Front Desk Registration
• Call Center
HSBC Bank (temporary through agency) 5/11-11/11
• Sorting mail Buffalo, NY
• Proofreading documents; corrections
Family Health Center, Sisters of Charity Hospital 9/08-12/09
• Service Representative Buffalo, NY
• Front end patient registration and use of multiline phones
• Daily use of Epace and Healthynet. Referrals, preauthorizationsl
WNY Suburban Dialysis 04/07-09/08
Laboratory Technician Williamsville, NY
• Supervised lab, filled requisitions, assisted staff with ESRD patients
Margarita K. Giotis, MD (OBGYN) 02/06-04/07
Medical Assistant Williamsville, NY
• Took vital signs, roomed patients, prepared instruments for sterilization
• Took inventory of supplies, phones, filed, scheduled patients, lab testing
Delaware Pediatrics 11/05-01/06
Medical Assistant Buffalo, NY
• Took patient heights, weights, temperatures and roomed patients
• Performed audio/visual tests, rapid strep tests, urinalysis, and centrifuged lab specimens
Rajinder S. Sachar, MD (Cardiology and Internal Medicine) 05/02-09/05
• EKG Technician Cheektowaga, NY
• Responsible for opening and closing office, scheduling appointments
• Insurance referrals, insurance authorizations, filing
• Maintained medication samples, inventory of supplies
• Trocaire College, Buffalo, NY A.A.S. Medical Assisting, 2000-2001 Dean’s List
• EKG/Cardiac Monitor Technician Program-Trocaire College Lifelong Learning Center-November, 2002
• Medical Claims and Billing Specialist curriculum US Career Institute-December 2011-present
Erie County Chapter of Medical Assistants Member 2002 present
American Association of Medical Assistant-participate in yearly seminars and conventions providing continuing education units for maintenance of CMA certification
KATHERINE A NOWAK CMA
To Whom It May Concern:
I would like to take this opportunity to apply to the Medical Assisant/Service Representative position within your facility.
The perfect Medical Assistant/Service Representative possesses a caring spirit with an attention to detail. Much satisfaction and pride can be derived by knowing that you have done your utmost to fill the needs of the patients and to be part of a winning team of trained professionals. This awareness of the individual and enthusiasm will be the cornerstone and benchmark for all you do.
I have found that great patient care is an attitude; challenging as well as highly rewarding. As you can see by the enclosed resume, I have extensive Medical Assistant/ Service Representative experience that can be transferable to any environment. I believe that I would be a perfect candidate for this position because I possess enthusiasm, maturity and a wonderful work ethic.
I look forward to discussing employment opportunities and salary requirements with you personally at your earliest convenience.
Katherine A. Nowak, CMA
Sales Vice President
Kenosha, WI - insurance sales, vice, vice president, jewelry,...
Quality Control Manager
Miami, FL - mortgage, loan, patrick, mae, control manager, doc,...
Electrical Engineer Project
Indonesia, Batam, Riau Islands - shipyard, ship, surveyor, pt, vessel, requirement,...
Sales Front Desk
Newburgh, NY - eye, front, front desk, desk, kimberly,...
Entry Level Supply Chain/Operations Analyst - San Francisco Bay Area
San Francisco Bay Area, CA - demand, chain, supply chain, supply,...
Cypress, TX - estimator, piping, corps, pipeline, inspector,...
Truck Driver High School
Houston, TX - scaffolding, truck driver, twic, jeff, twic card,...