Mark G. Sickles
Delray Beach, FL *****
Cell Phone: 561-***-****
Accounting Professional with extensive experience in all aspects of accounts receivable, collections, accounts payable and payroll. Expert in Excel, QuickBooks, and Calyx. Highly skilled in MS Works, MS Office, Word, Filemaker, Publisher, Lotus, Peachtree, Skyline and Tops.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Temp Work/Self Employed 2006 – Current
Business clients: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Costing, Journal Entries, General Ledger, reports, office management, sales, inventory, shipping, receiving, warehouse, customer relations and other duties as requested. Bookkeeping for an organization made up of 7 separate companies. Set up an organization on QuickBooks – including having separations for several divisions and multiple funds.
Personal clients: organize paperwork, verify bills/invoices are correct and make out checks and/or pay them on time, contact HOAs, banks and others as needed, review assisted living facility bills and contacted them regarding overbilling and payments not listed.
Census Bureau – Crew Leader: Conducted training sessions for 17 trainees. Supervised crew of 15. Made sure all paperwork and activities were done in accordance with Census Bureau guidelines. Assigned work areas. Answered any questions and resolved any problems encountered by crew members or other crew leaders.
Property Management – Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Homeowner relations.
Kiosk Manager (Macy’s) – handle employee and client questions and problems, order supplies, request merchandise, sales.
Accounting Manager - Brown’s Interiors, Jupiter, FL 2007 – 2009
• Accounts Receivable – collected $50,000 that was in the 180 day+ category when I arrived, I had a 99% collection rate and there were no accounts over 60 days due when I left.
• Accounts Payable – saved thousands of dollars by taking discounts.
• Payroll – for a staff of 15 - including new hire forms, garnishments and taxes (including 941, W-2, 1099, UCT6).
• Maintained individual files for 25 active clients monthly.
• Created or generated reports as needed, Made Journal Entries, Bank reconciliations.
• Adapted an Excel workbook to read data from one worksheet and copy it to another so it would create the daily receivables report which was previously done by hand.
Finance & Sales Manager – State Supply Inc. of So. Florida, Lake Worth, FL 2000 – 2006
• Set company up on Quickbooks.
• Accounts Payable – negotiated early payment discounts.
• Accounts Receivable – 100% collection rate.
• Generate or create journal entries and reports as needed or requested.
• Payroll and Sales and Use Tax reports and payments made on a monthly or annual basis.
• Project coordinator and supervisor - Prepared job estimates. Reviewed plans and specifications. Determined which items should be purchased for inventory, made, oversaw and/or reviewed all sales.
Assistant Controller, Staff Accountant, Salesman … prior to 2000, ask for details
Babson College, Babson Park (Wellesley), Massachusetts
B.S.B.A. – Accounting Major, minors in both finance and communications.
CERTIFICATION: Licensed mortgage broker since 2003