JAMES A. HAUN
Indianapolis, Indiana 46214
E-mail: email@example.com; Mobile: 317-***-****
SALES REPRESENTATIVE / TERRITORY SALES MANAGER
Career reflects over twenty years of success in sales, sales management, marketing
of agricultural and turf chemicals, seed and fertilizer.
Demonstrated record of success to exceed company goals, penetrate
new markets, generate revenue, and increase profitability and customer satisfaction provide the framework for me to serve in a variety of leadership capacities. However, I believe these skills could be maximized in position of
SALES REPRRESENTATIVE or TERRITORY SALES MANAGER.
Account Development / Business-to-Business Sales / Strong Closer
Consultative Sales / High Impact Presentations / Dealer Recruiting
Value-Added Selling / Key Account Management / Product Training
Direct Sales / Cold Calling / Field Sales Management / Technical Support
• With CARGILL HYBRID SEEDS concentrated sales efforts on large clients and customers relying on product
training and value-added selling. Successfully implemented marketing customer retention program rewarding
customers with free pickup trucks for 3 years and locking in $200K in annual sales. Within 2 years I exceeded overall territory sales
goals by 14% and won 3 NATIONAL AWARDS including GREATEST PERCENTAGE GROWTH Award-#1 of 80 territories, HIGHEST MARKET SHARE - Forage, HY CLUB HONORARY.
• With UNIQUESCREEN MEDIA won ROOKIE OF THR YEAR through colding, repairing relationships with theater managers and improving customer satisfaction. Wrote 60K in new sales and made 100% of goals.
• With DEKALB PLANT GENETICS re-energized a district in chaos by demonstrating strong leadership at
client meetings, hiring new talent, creating special services and pricing. This resulted in a 32% increase in sales and won
COUNCIL OF EXCELLENCE Award for two years.
• With CROW's hybrid seed company recruited new client dealerships and customers to a district through cold
calling and referrals. Resulted in 35% increased sales volume over 2 years.
• With STAUFFER CHEMICAL COMPANY increased market share 40% and won REGIONAL TOP TEN by penetrating new
markets, expending key account base, introducing new products, and conducting
targeted customer product meetings.
Career History: Page 2
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
TruGreen; Fishers, Indiana
* Responsible for the sale of turf, tree and shrub fertilizer, chemical and seed to commercial businesses.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE; 2010 to 2011
UniqueScreen Media; Indianapolis, Indiana
* Responsible for the direct sale of cinema theater advertising business to business.
SALES & MARKETING MANAGER; 2008 - 2009
Machine Technology; Indianapolis, Indiana
* Responsible for all aspects of sales and marketing of the Opti-Fence lumber board ripper.
ACCOUNT PRESENTATIVE; 2003 - 2008
Yellow Book USA/TransWestern Publishing; Indianapolis, Indiana
• Responsible for the direct sale of yellow pages, web sites and Internet
advertising business to business.
OUTLET SALES MANAGER; 2001 - 2002
United Agri Products; Coatesville, Indiana
• Responsible for all aspects of sales, service and marketing including pricing,
profitability, customer needs analysis, inventory control, cold calling and complaint resolution. Territory covered WC Indiana with product volume of $3 million. Products included Dekalb Plant Genetics, Novartis and UAP seed, agricultural chemicals, and micro nutrient fertilizer.
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER; 1998 - 2001
Mycogen Seeds/Cargill Hybrid Seeds; Marshall, Michigan
• Managed 40 dealerships, joint grower calls, service, recruiting, hiring, training, collections, cold calling and direct sales to large customers. Territory covered
southern Michigan with product volume of $1 million. Product included corn, soybean, alfalfa, and Full-Time forage seed.
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER; 1994 - 1998
Crow’s Hybrid Seed Company; Lafayette, Indiana
• Responsible for direct sales, cold calling, service, 40 dealership recruiting,
hiring, training, collections, product delivery and returns. Territory covered NW
Indiana with product volume of $700,000. Products included corn, soybean, alfalfa
and forage seed.
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER; 1987 - 1993
DeKalb Plant Genetics; Marshall, Michigan / Lafayette, Indiana
• Managed 50 dealership sales force, service, recruiting, hiring, training,
collections,cold calling and direct sales to large targeted customers. Territories
covered SE Michigan and NW Indiana with product volumes of $1.4 to $1.6 million.
Products included corn, soybean, and alfalfa.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE; 1980 - 1987
Stauffer Chemical Company; Carbondale, Illinois
• Responsible for business-to-business sales and service with distributors, 70
dealerships, grower meetings, dealer promotional and training meetings, strategic
marketing plans and resolving customer complaints. Territory covered SW Illinois and SE Missouri with a product volume of $1.0 million. Products included Sutan+,
Sutazine+,Eradicane Extra, and Dyfonate agricultural chemicals.
Awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Mechanization from Purdue
University (G.P.A. 5.5/6.0, Alpha Mu Honorary, Dean Lists 4x). Have enhanced
academic and professional skills with additional training in sales (Dale Carnegie
Course) and sales training, speech training, leadership development, sales
management, newsletter writing, and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet.
References Available Upon Establishment of Mutual Interest.