Brownsville, Texas 78520
Graduated: Lopez High School in Brownsville TX. in 1999
Graduated: UTB, TSC in 2006 with a BAIS (Bilingual Specialist Ec-4)
2001 Teaching Assistant Raul J. Guerra Early Childhood Center, 80 Fort Brown. I helped the teacher with the children by changing pampers; implementing rules; reading books; singing songs; helping them brush teeth; and clean their area.
2003-2004 Clerical Clerk I worked at the Admissions Office at UTB/TSC as a clerical assistant. I advised students with transcripts and applications for admissions; inputted information into the computer; answered phones; made copies; and filed.
2004-2005 Substitute Teacher I have worked in different grade levels in Elementary. I worked as a permanent substitute in Pre-Kinder later that year I was a permanent substitute in 1st grade.
2005-2008 Teachers Aide I worked at Victoria Heights Elementary at the Pre-kinder level. Duties: assist in enforcing school rules; assist with planning and preparing; assist with special teaching tools; assist with presentation of subject matter to students by using a variety of methods; assist students, individually or in groups; creating an effective environment for learning; assists in supervising students throughout the school day; keep teacher informed of problems or special needs the child have; participates in special events; assists the teacher in keeping administrative records and preparing required reports.
2008 Library Aide I was in charge of the library at Victoria Heights Elementary. I helped the teachers with the children and anything they needed help with. I would read books to them by using the Elmo, helped them find books that delt with their research, and used internet to show them movies that delt with their topic of study.
• Knowledge in computers
• Microsoft Office Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint
• Microsoft Works Calendar and Word Processer
• And other programs
• In 1996 I volunteered at the Southmost Elementary Office. I would answer phones; make copies; ect.
• Working with children 12-24 months of age and elementary aged children.
• Experience in anything dealing with art (in high school I took 3 years of art courses and won several awards/ I also took 2 college art courses)
• Clerical clerk work; advised students; answered phones; worked with adults; worked with transcripts, filed, and inputted applications into the computer.
• Esperanza (dual language program)
• Circle Program
• Elmo Technology
• SBDM member at Victoria Heights
• Organized and highly motivated
• Able to work with anyone
• Very friendly
• Do more than what is expected from me.
• Volunteer during Charro Days and Christmas activities
• Fluent in English and in Spanish