Over 25 years’ experience within the Administrative Professional field. Excellent organizing and customer service skills. Managed application and admission processes for Wayne State University graduate Social Work Program, was the primary interface to all Master Social Work students.
Starr Commonwealth - Detroit 2001-2008
Assisted administrators in managing an office of ten social workers, including performing the following duties:
• Served as receptionist for the program, handling administrators’ direct telephone lines as well as incoming agency multiple phone lines.
• Typed correspondence, reports, team minutes, educational program and materials, confidential records and documents for administrators, staff and students.
• Setup and maintained files for one hundred seventy five (175) students keeping them accurate and up-to-date for ten social workers.
• Answered correspondence regarding students placed at the agency, providing information and documentation relating to graduates and releases.
• Knowledgeable of agency policies and procedures, provided information to both internal and external customers.
• Used interpersonal skills to create and maintain a positive environment among the administrative staff.
• Facilitated an assertiveness training workshop for the administrative team.
• Responsible for program data entry to a special data system.
• Operated general office machines.
Program Record Clerk I
Wayne State University – School of Social Work 1998-2001
• Administered Bachelor of Social Work application and admission process.
• Acted as receptionist and help desk, answering numerous student requests for information.
• Maintained Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) records of Graduate Certificate Social Work Practice with Families and Couples.
• Processed families and couples applications and maintained file records.
• Managed informational job board with postings and other vital information related to social work.
• Operated multi-line phones, directed calls and managed messages taking and distribution.
Wayne State University Law School Dean Office
• Scheduled meetings and appointments.
• Monitored and maintained inventory of office supplies to fulfill.
• Worked with Development and External Relations performing secretarial duties as assigned.
• Setup and monitored banquet meeting functions for Law professors.
Secretary/Customer Service Starr Commonwealth, Detroit, MI 2001 - 2008
Secretary/Customer Service Wayne State University 1998 - 2001
Secretary United Way Community Services 1992 - 1998
Secretary/Customer Service Book Cadillac Hotel 1974 - 1991
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Detroit Institute of Commerce Word Processing and Stenographic
Wayne Community College Computer Science
Wayne State University Written Communication
Operation Able Computer Savvy Manager
• Active volunteer for Youth Coordinating Council.
• Ladies Usher Board #2.
• Contemporary Choir member of Historical Second Baptist Church, and group leader.
• Children Center of Wayne County Wrap-Around and Consumer Council.
• Professional Secretary Association.
• National Association for Advancement of Colored People.
• National Association of Ushers.