Fontana, CA ****5
Operations /Procurement / Manufacturing/ Planning & Inventory Control / Product Management
** ***** *****ience in Manufacturing / Distribution. Consistently successful in controlling manufacturing / purchasing cost and improving net profitability. Experienced in all phases of Material Management, Production Planning, Manufacturing, Inventory Management & Distribution. Excellent negotiations and deal-making skills. Key qualifications include
• Budget Forecasting & Strategic Planning • Purchasing / Procurement
• Total Quality Management • Developing Strategic Management
• Cost Analysis & Containment • Cost Reduction
• Plant Operations / Distribution • Quality Programs
• MRP/MPS/MRO/ERP • Domestic & Offshore Purchasing Operations
• Inventory Planning & Control (JIT) • Cycle Count / Audit Procedures
• 5S / Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kaizen • Human Resources
WOODGUARD – San Bernardino, CA 2005-Present
Manufacturing / Material Manager
• Develop production plan (MRP/MPS) / schedule by coordinating requirements with sales and engineering.
• Monitor and maintain finish goods inventory to satisfy customer requirements while supporting our business objective of inventory cost control.
• Project planning, execution, monitoring and resource balancing, support multiple simultaneous projects in a matrix organizational structure
• Bill of Materials / Blue Prints. Create and maintain all bills of materials for all products and projects.
• Purchasing – Lumber, Hardware, Steel, Packaging, and Plastic Resins
• Issue Purchase Orders and work closely with Finance Department to ensure adherence to budget and financial policies
• Prepare and review contracts, proposals, and vendor agreements for, price, and acceptability of items to specifications and budget planning
• Develop written policies and procedures for all manufacturing areas, In charge of Safety Committee
• Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new staff. Responsible for conducting personnel evaluations, implementing training programs, and establishing wage incentives
Achievements: Improved lead-time (delivery date) to customers to 5 days from 10 days, lowered cost 21% on lumber and resin by sourcing new suppliers / products. Improved productivity by 20% by reducing manufacturing downtime and planning. Reduced Inventory Variance from 78% to 98% accuracy.
Orbital Holdings – Fontana, CA 1997 – 2004
Material / Production Manager
• Control master production schedule MRP/MPS, including forecasting and performance and supervise all production departments
• Bill of Materials. Create and maintain bill of materials for all products.
• Purchasing Manager. Steel, and Tubing, Powder Coatings, Paints, Plastics, Wood, and Packaging, Import / Exporting product overseas Asia, Hong Kong, and Mexico, work with cooperate buyer in UK
• Oversee Shipping/Receiving departments. 100% on time delivery record with customers (Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowe’s, BJ’s, Menards, Costco, and Sam’s)
• Inventory Control - manages inventory levels Inbound / Outbound and research inventory variances.
• Control all material throughout plant, production process and production components suppliers via scheduling, material handling, and shipping.
Achievements: Implemented cycle counting and spot-checks, maintained accurate inventory levels at 99.7% five years in a row. Lowered cost in purchasing (Raw Materials) about 35% and labor cost from $2.16 to $1.61 a unit.
Cascade Die Casting (AS400) - Industry, CA 1993 to 1997
• Production Planner. Plan production in three departments monthly
• Shipping/Receiving Supervisor. Made sure deliveries shipped and materials arrived on time.
• Inventory Control. Controlled inventory levels in WIP and FGS and prepared quarterly physical inventories.
• Outside Processing. Dealt with outside suppliers and fabricators.
• Purchasing. Purchased aluminum and zinc materials. Entered receipt of goods and invoices.
Achievement: Improved our delivery shipments to our customers from 80% to 99% on time. Lowered production cost by 16%.
Education and Training
San Bernardino, CA
Complete by 8/2/08 2 exams left passed 3
• CPIM – Certified In Production and Inventory Management
Basics of Supply Chain Management
Master Planning of Resources
Detailed Scheduling and Planning
San Bernardino, CA
• BS, Business Management
Ranch Cucamonga, CA
2002 - 2003
• AS, Business Management
Nogales High School
West Covina, CA
1989 – 1993
Self-starter, Self Motivated, and fast learner
Computer Skills: Word, Excel (spreadsheets), Project, Access, Power Point, Lotus, EDI, AS400, MAS90, MARC, and UPS, Fed Ex system online Crystal Reports.
Forklift Certified, RF Units, Bar-coding
MAS90 - Bill of Materials, Inventory Control, Purchasing, Sales Order, Journals
MRP/ERP, Crystal Reports, Bargaining with Vendors and Suppliers, Cycle Count and Physical Inventories
Management Skills for New Supervisors, How to Handle Multiple Tasks
Furnish upon request.
Supplier Quality Engineer
San Francisco, CA - quality engineer, supplier, manufacturing, lean,...
Project Manager Operator
Franklin Square, NY - architect, draftsman, cad, operator,...
United States - lte, 3g, bsc, optimization, ericsson, cluster, gsm,...
Philippines, Taguig City, NCR - taguig, ncr, nursing, aide, ana, iam, ph, care...
Folsom, CA - ehs, chemical engineering, engineer, environmental,...
India, bangalore, KA - pcb, cadence, abap, project engineer, wipro, ece,...
Australia, Adelaide, SA - role, information management, strategy, global,...