Cell: 316-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
I am an Industrial Hygienist with more than ten years of experience in health and safety, who is seeking to further a professional career in safety and health with the intent of becoming a Certified Industrial Hygienist and a Certified Safety Professional. I am a self-starter who has experience in managing projects, working on teams and working independently performing safety and health inspections with extensive experience in conducting industrial hygiene related tasks including, but not limited to environmental air monitoring through my experience in private consulting and under the OSHA 21(d) Consultation Program.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Eight years of Industrial Hygiene experience working for the State of Kansas under the OSHA 21(d) Consultation Program and two plus years of consulting experience in the private sector.
Eight years of work experience in the grain handling industry with approximately three months experience working in an aluminum foundry.
Kansas Department of Labor – Division of Industrial Safety and Health November 2003 to December 2011
Workstations: Topeka, KS November 2003 – October 2005
Wichita, KS October 2005 – December 2011
Industrial Hygienist (Environmental Scientist II): Provided support as an Industrial Hygienist to the OSHA 21(d) Consultation Program by performing safety and health consultations on a voluntary invite by the employer to assist the employer with coming into compliance with federal and state regulations with the ultimate of helping the employer to develop and build an effective Safety and Health Management Program. The duties performed as an Industrial Hygienist included, but was not limited to the following:
• I have assisted with designing out workplace hazards to make processes more efficient and effective to improve the overall health and safety of the workplace, and to also make an impact on the moral of the workforce.
• Assisted employers with developing mandated written health and safety programs including a safety and health management program for those employers who had interest in obtaining SHARP.
• Conducted enforcement inspections in the public sector to ensure the safety and health of employees working for cities, counties, school districts and state workplace.
• I conducted consultation inspections for the following types of industries including, but not limited to: aircraft, auto body facilities, grain handling, foundries, manufacturing, flour mills, meat packing, medical offices, oil & well drilling, and nursing homes.
• Conducted a broad range of environmental air monitoring for various airborne contaminants within the workplace pending the processes being evaluated including, but not limited to §1910.1000 Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances.
• Assisted with developing working spreadsheets and documents in Microsoft Office: Excel, Power Point and Word.
• Manage the IH Laboratory including the responsibility of maintaining an inventory of all equipment for inclusion into the OSHA Grant.
United Analytical Services Inc., Downers Grove, IL March 2003 to August 2003
Industrial Hygienist: Provide support as an Industrial Hygienist by assisting with conducting IAQ investigations in Illinois and Texas.
IHI Environmental Inc., Lakewood, CO & Salt Lake City, UT July 2000 to March 2003
Industrial Hygienist: Provide support as an Industrial Hygienist by assisting with conducting consultations designed to assist employers and other clientele with addressing safety and health compliance with OSHA, AHERA or other governing agencies at the State and Local level. The support I provided as an Industrial Hygienist also included, but was not limited to the following:
• Obtained licenses as an Asbestos Building Inspector and Asbestos Air Monitoring Specialist which allowed me to manage asbestos abatement projects in the State of Colorado.
• Conducted oversight of abatement projects including asbestos and mold abatement projects in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nebraska and Wyoming.
• Conducted asbestos surveys either individually or on team efforts in Arizona, California, Colorado and Utah.
• Conducted and assisted on lead inspections in Colorado and Arizona.
• Conducted various investigations and surveys dealing with indoor air quality, ventilation surveys and noise surveys.
• Responsible for coordinating and developing cost proposals and engagements for various consultation projects involving IAQ investigations and other IH consultation project work.
• Gained valuable experience with working with contractors to manage projects under adverse situations while honing my skills as an industrial hygienist.
EDUCATION AND AFFILIATIONS
1998 – 1999 M.S., Industrial Hygiene, Central Missouri State University, Warrensburg, MO, December 1999
• ABET Accredited Program
1993 – 1998 B.S., Industrial Hygiene, Central Missouri State University, Warrensburg, MO, May 1998
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office
2003-2006 Member of the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygiene, ACGIH
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING COURSES
199*-****-**-Hour Hazwoper Certified
2000-2003 EPA-Approved AHERA Asbestos Inspector
2003-2008 OSHA 501 Trainer Course in Standards for General Industry (40-Hr. General Industry)
OSHA Certificate of Training in Introduction to Health Standards for Industrial Hygienists
OSHA Certificate of Training in Safety Hazard Recognition for Industrial Hygienists
OSHA Certificate of Training in Respiratory Protection
OSHA Certificate of Training in Principles of Industrial Ventilation
OSHA Certificate of Training in Industrial Noise
OSHA Certificate of Training in Hazardous Materials
Laser Institute of America – 4-Hour Training Class on Laser Safety
American Meat Industry Seminar – Developed under the American Meat Institute/OSHA Alliance
OSHA Certificate of Training in Process Safety Management of Reactive Hazards
OSHA Certificate of Training for Combustible Dust
References are available upon request.