Seeking a fulltime position in an organization where my experiences and knowledge in Biomedical Engineering can be used effectively in the research and development of diagnostics and therapeutics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI September 2010- April 2012
M.S. in Biomedical Engineering
Concentration: Biomaterials; GPA: 3.7/4.00
Anna University, S.S.N College of Engineering, India August 2006- May 2010
B.E. in Biomedical Engineering
Aggregate percentage: 82.69%
Biomaterials and Artificial Organs
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Equipments
Mathematical Modeling in Biology
Microfluidics & Ultrasound
Statistical Methods for Biomedical Engineers
Cell & Molecular Biology lab
• Developing a real-time, sensitive and rapid nanobiosensor based pathogen detection device
• Synthesizing 5-30nm Gold and Electrically active magnetic (EAM) iron oxide nanoparticles as pathogen detection and capture beads respectively
• Documentation of standard operating procedures for pathogen detection assay
Department of Biological Chemistry March 2012- May 2012
University of Michigan,Ann Arbor,MI
• Maintenance and Passaging of H295R adrenocortical cell line
• Used JCMS database management system for managing animal colonies in laboratory research
• Trained in mice handling for in-vivo experimentation
Cell Adhesion and Drug Delivery Lab May 2011- December 2011
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Graduate Student Researcher
• Worked to develop an in vitro vascular injury model to examine the effects of hemodynamics and blood rheology on the adhesion efficiency of targeted spherical drug carriers.
• Conducted research to study the mechanism of platelet binding to collagen under physiological shear stress using the Parallel Plate Flow Chamber
• Maintenance and Passaging of HUVEC cell line
• Designed and developed a Low cost Ultrasonic Spirometer for Respiratory Disorders that would classify the respiratory condition of a person to normal or suffering from restrictive/obstructive disease.
• Designed a simple and efficient mathematical model for optimizing drug regimens commonly used in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
• Developed a method for spatially defined gene delivery in mammalian cells in-vitro by patterning microbubbles in PEG/Dextran aqueous two phase systems. Ultrasound mediated cavitation following microscale biopatterning of ultrasound contrast agents (UCA) allows for delivery of biomolecules to localized subpopulation of cells within a monolayer.
Cellular & molecular biology skills: Mammalian cell culture, PCR, DNA gel electrophoresis, platelet isolation, SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting
Special Techniques: Micro-Bead Assay Development, Biopatterning, Parallel Plate Flow Chamber
Languages & programs: Microsoft office, Matlab, R Programming, Labview
Rackham International Student Fellowship November 2011
Fellowship in the amount of $10,000 awarded by the graduate school, University of Michigan, for academic
and professional excellence in the engineering discipline
Chairman’s Medal May 2010
Silver Medal and Merit Certificate awarded by Anna University for having ranked 22 out of over 600 students
in the overall undergraduate program
RELATED ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
Grader September –December 2011
For Quantitative Physiology, a graduate level course offered by the Department of Biomedical Engineering,
University of Michigan
January 2011-May 2011
For Engineering 100 undergraduate course-biomaterials chapter at the University of Michigan.
LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE & EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• As member of the Indian Students Association, was responsible for coordinating and organizing temporary accommodation for incoming Indian students for a short while until they moved into their own apartments.
• As a member of the Association of Biomedical Engineering Society (ABMES) in undergraduate college, was responsible for attracting and managing industrial sponsors for on-campus to conduct technical events for Department Symposium 'Srishti 2009
• An upcoming guitar player; graded ‘merit’ by Rock School, Trinity college of London for the debut performance of electric guitar
• Participated in Basketball and Tennis tournaments as a member of the undergraduate college and high school teams.