JOHN H. PREDIGER
Eagan, MN ***22
AREAS OF ACHIEVEMENT
u Purchasing & Materials Management u Operations Management
u Budgeting & Financial Accountability u Strategies to Improve Productivity & Profitability
u Turn Around Situations u Team Leadership and Development
ECOWATER SYSTEMS, Woodbury, MN. 2/2001-10/2010
• Direct the purchasing process for $65,000,000 of materials and services.
• Reorganized and trained staff in the Woodbury plant.
• Resolved several complicated purchasing issues.
• Developed purchasing staff in the Ripley plant.
• Developed purchasing strategies that generated cost savings in 2001 of $1,925,000 and $1,420,000 in 2002.
• Identified cost savings projects totaling $2,107,376 for 2003.
• Identified cost savings totaling two million plus for 2004.
• $934,266 cost savings in 2005.
• $1,000,000 savings in 2006.
• $800,000 savings in 2007.
• $1,600,000 savings in 2008.
• Continued favorable PPV, cash terms and inventory reductions in 2009.
• Strong strategic supplier management.
• Supported reduced raw material inventory, improved turns, and supplier quality ppm from 2003 of 5551ppm to 1056 ppm in 2009.
• Involved in $10,000,000 plant expansion in Ripley MS.
• Developing a purchasing office in Shanghai China.
• Support on time shipping of 99.5%
NEWELL RUBBERMAID, Home Products Division, Wooster, OH. 7/1998-2/2001
Materials Manager-Goodyear Arizona 9/3/00 to 2/01
• Reorganized staff and established a $12,700,000 budget.
• Trained staff and developing cost saving programs.
• Reorganized a distribution center in total gridlock taking daily shipments from $150,00/day to $330,000/day.
• Saved $350,000/month for outside warehousing.
• Reduced 200 unloaded trailers to zero, saving $10,000 per month trailer detention charges.
• Improved customer services performance and saved the Fred Meyer account, a major customer.
• Negotiating $160,000 of detention and warehousing invoices down.
Materials Manager-Mogadore Ohio 7/15/99 to 9/3/00
• Transferred a $22 million per month Mogadore Distribution facility from third party management to Newell Rubbermaid management.
• Member of the team to redefine the Mogadore distribution strategy.
• Developed a zero based $11.7 million budget, which generated a $2.8 million cost savings from the previous budget.
• Hired 160 distribution personnel, and 41 office and supervision, a reduction of 53 positions.
• Developed a $30 million per month shipping operation.
• Developed a PIC group to material manage a $15.4 million injection molding facility and installed JIT and Kan Ban .
• Implemented a Newell warehouse management system and redesign of the facility layout to support the distribution strategy.
• Reduced 300 unloading trailers to zero, saving $20,000 per month trailer holding charges.
ANCHOR PLASTICS/NEWELL COMPANY, Saint Paul, MN 7/1986-/1998
• Direct the purchasing process for $45mm of goods and services annually.
• Supervise buying/planning team members at senior and entry levels.
• Research, identify and interview potential suppliers/contractors capable of meeting
production specifications, cost guidelines, diverse value added services, and deadlines.
• Maintain effective relationships with suppliers, vendors, contractors, etc.
• Chair of Corporate Resin Purchase Committee for Newell Companies. (Annual purchases
exceed 93mm pounds of plastic).
• Maintain awareness of technological advances in materials, manufacturing processes,
machinery, related services, capital equipment and effective substitutes.
• Establish and continually monitor effective inventory levels.
• Developed and managed Corporate Purchasing groups (annual expenditures $2.5mm)
for plastic resin and packaging departments.
• Assisted in the establishment and implementation of purchasing guidelines companywide.
• Negotiated resins contracts resulting in several annual savings in excess of $1mm each.
• Turned around extrusion & thermo-forming plant; achieved profitability within first year.
EZ PAINTR/NEWELL COMPANY, Milwaukee, WI 1972-1986
Director of Purchasing
CARDINAL STRITCH UNIVERSITY, Milwaukee, WI 1986
Bachelor of Science degree in Management
n Microsoft Word
n American Software Materials Management (ASI)
u American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS)