Palm Bay, FL 32907
I am a professional who brings many years of experience in the Quality Engineering, Quality Management, Manufacturing Production Management, Depot Operations Management and Field Service support fields. Having worked extensively in both Management as well as in individual contributing roles, I have a unique and broad view of everyone's jobs, goals and responsibilities and work hard to support them. I am a Team player who gets along well with everyone.
Saab Training USA, Orlando, Florida
Quality & Safety Manager (2009-Present)
I handle, manage and direct all aspects of Quality Assurance at Saab’s Training Operations USA facilities in Orlando, Florida. Responsibilities include ISO 9001:2008 auditing and compliance, Quality Management support, Quality Engineering and Quality Inspection support. I directly work, interface with and travel to all of Saab Orlando’s Suppliers and Manufacturing Operations. I support approximately 65 different Programs. I directly report to Saab’s Orlando president as well as Saab’s Quality Organization in Huskvarna, Sweden. I travel nationally and internationally to support Saab’s Quality Assurance mission. Saab is a $5B worldwide company with a $75M Operation in Orlando, Florida. I am Saab’s Quality expert in Orlando, Florida.
HARRIS CORPORATION, Palm Bay & Malabar, FL 2002 – 2009
Responsible for ISO 9001:2009, AS-9100, CMMI level 3, Supplier and Hands-On Quality Engineering support of following Programs:
Quality Engineer (2002 – 2009)
52 MOD FFP, 52 MOD T&M, 52 MOD X Band Converters, 52 MOD AS Modem, LHGXA/LAMDA & TAMMAC Programs. Lead Quality effort as well as perform a variety of Quality Engineering support functions for 52 MOD, X Band Converters, LHGXA/LAMDA & TAMMAC family of Programs. Responsibilities included but were not limited to: Quality Hands-on, Receiving Inspection & Supplier support, as well as Compliance adherence (CMMI), simultaneously in both Palm Bay & Malabar.
• Assigned Quality Engineer responsible for supporting Programs generating an average of $50M in yearly sales.
• Supported assigned Programs in Teams comprised of Quality, Design, Production, Integration, Reliability, Configuration Control, Systems and Project Engineers.
• Accomplished 100% on time deliveries on all supported Programs.
• Led efficiency efforts that have reduced Quality Support Budgets from 20%-40%, depending on Program.
• Involved in supplier support through parts inspection, site visits and surveys. Helped improve Supplier parts discrepancies on an average by over 75%, and in most cases 100% through implementation of continuous improvement processes.
• Participated in numerous weekly meetings including CCB & CAB.
• Participated in numerous Lean Initiative processes.
• All Programs assigned were CMMI compliant.
Production Management Operations Supervisor/Manager (2001 - 2002)
Supervised a staff of 50 Assemblers, Technicians and Group Leaders in supporting approximately 23 Avionics and Ground Programs as well as numerous internal & external Customers. Areas of responsibilities included but were not limited to Quality support, Parts Prepping, Contact Systems, Pre-Solder Wave & Post Solder Wave solder rework, SPC, Mechanical assembly, Conformal Coating & Bonding and Continuous Improvement Processes.
• Led and participated in numerous Lean Initiative efforts.
DRS OPTRONICS, Melbourne, FL 2001
Responsible for support of and transitioning of BOEING MMS Program from Anaheim, California to Melbourne, Florida.
DICTAPHONE CORPORATION, Melbourne, FL and Chattanooga, TN 1989 - 2001
Field Service Quality Manager & Manager-Repair Center & National Depot Operations
Responsible for all Service quality issues and Supplier interface. Managed 30 employees in 4 different areas.
• Created databases to track field returned products in order to identify and resolve Quality issues.
• Worked closely with other Departments, National & International Suppliers and Customers to resolve Quality issues.
• Instituted programs that improved quality by 50%, Productivity by 25% and reduced operating costs by 20%.
• Reduced operating inventories by over 86%. ($3.5M to $500K).
• Managed a $4M Expense and Inventory Budget. Operated at or below budgetary guidelines for 12 straight years.
Supervisor Repair Center & Manufacturing Operations (1987 - 1989)
• Supervised 25 employees in 2 different areas.
• Implemented process that reduced repair expenses by 25%.
• Implemented processes that reduced inventory by 25%.
• Responsible for managing a $1.5M Expense and Inventory Budget. Operated below budgetary guidelines for 2 straight years.
Field Engineer (1981-1987)
Responsible for providing Engineering and Technical support for a variety of Customer products and accounts encompassing hundreds of Customers within a 150-mile radius territory.
Field Branch Sales/Service Manager (1980 -1981)
Responsible for providing Sales and Service support to a variety of Customers and products within a 125-mile radius territory. Managed Inventory and Expense Budgets.
Field Technician (1977 - 1980)
Responsible for providing Technical support for a variety of Customer products and accounts encompassing hundreds of Customers within a 150-mile radius territory.
A.S., Electrical Engineering-Communications Option, Chattanooga State, Chattanooga, TN.
Member of ASQ. Working towards “Black Belt” Certification.