ERNIE J. SICILIANO, CMFS Home 210-***-****
San Antonio, Texas 78258
OBJECTIVE Financial Services management with a strong background in Operations, Wealth Management, Risk Management and Customer Service; I am currently looking to obtain a position where I can utilize my knowledge and experience to contribute to the vision and strategic development of your firm.
EXPERTISE All facets of Wealth Management Operations, focusing on cost cutting through automation while providing and training the best in class customer service. Provide real time monitoring for call center operations and its products. Identify inconsistencies through real time monitoring and make gating changes when applicable. Enhance call center management’s resource options through reporting, scheduling, planning, and analysis.
EXPERIENCE AllianceBernstein. San Antonio, Texas
2005 to 2008 Separately Managed Accounts- Manager
Managed 11 employees responsible for new account opening, maintaining static data on 50,000 client accounts, and providing “Best in Class” customer service.
• Responsible for new account and account maintenance requests for the Investor Services clients. Re-engineered new account process thereby reducing new account opening process from 5 days to same day turnaround.
• Developed quality controls to reduce financial liability and created reports to monitor daily employee productivity. Built workflows to manage the daily process ensuring all queues were processed by end of day.
• Additional responsibilities included: project reports, staff performance, project management, risk management and monitoring / overseeing a call center for all SMA inquires from customers.
1989 to 2005 Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Inc., New York, New York
Vice President, Wealth Management Operations
ML Consults program, led a team of 32 individuals whose charter it was to manage over $100 Billion in assets. Additional responsibilities included overseeing over 150 managers in the various programs with specific focus on 50 core investment managers.
• Responsible for overseeing all aspects of Operations, order entry, pricing of trade executions and equity and fixed income trade allocation for the following programs: MAG, MFA / SELECTS, SPA, PIA, and CONSULTS
• Partnered with Technology to develop specifications for electronic order entry systems processing Investment Manager’s orders and an allocation system for processing customer accounts
• Accountable for the Error Control staff ensuring that trading errors were resolved expeditiously, and debit / credits were allocated properly
• Managed timely resolution of correction inquiries and short positions, reviewed operational reports for any potential exposure and resolved all complex problems as they arose
• Recruited and trained trading support personnel, including the implementation of cross training programs to ensure optimum employee productivity
• Established and participated in the development / enhancement of trading / operation support systems and procedures
• Worked with Technology to ensure adequate systems and procedures were in place to support the operations and needs of the Consults product
• Managed the Risk Management Department on error allocation, error risk reporting, and ad-hoc requests such as short settlements. Assisted other areas of the group with trading related issues including new accounts and terminations
• Additional responsibilities included: monitoring daily balancing of clearing suspense accounts and ensuring unmatched broker trades were reconciled by settlement date
1987 to 1989 Senior Supervisor - Credit Administration Dept.-Broadcort Capital
Supervised 12 individuals responsible for the daily reconciliation of trading inventory and customer service.
• Provided management with profiles on all Introducing Firms weekly, monthly and annual trading activity
• Hired and trained new personnel as well as, draft performance and merit evaluations. Monitor Profit & Loss trading activity for 175 Introducing Firms clearing through Broadcort
• Responded to regional compliance divisions within the firm to resolve margin and technical violations
• Traded positions that were not within the necessary compliance regulations i.e., short positions and margin calls. Balanced hedged and error accounts
• Played an active role in the implementation of various Merrill Lynch internal computer systems including: screen design to improve product performance, trading activity log and the profit and loss system
Education Municipal Bond Training School, New York, New York
Boston Institute Online (Certified Mutual Fund Specialist)
Member of NICSA
Skills Microsoft Word, Excel, Windows XP, Power Point, Visio, Bloomberg, AWD system, Checkfree APL system, DST/BI, WP/Call Center Monitoring system, Accounts payable and receivable
Additional Training Six Sigma training 101, 201, Aware of SEC and NASD rules and regulations, Management, Customer Service