To obtain a position as Expeditor that will allow for growth in responsibility and advancement, utilizing my expertise in Inventory Coordination
• Effective communicator
• Experienced at building and managing teams
• Supervised, managed, and mentored over 300 military and civilian employees
• Qualified in staff training and oversight; including staff evaluations
• Knowledge, training and experience with: Contact and purchase order processing, tracking, shipping, receiving inventory management of materials and supplies, which included computerized database maintenance and internal/external customer service
• Superior knowledge in Material management, distribution and storage
• Experienced at writing policies and procedures
• Adept at defining customer requirements and meeting their needs
• Excellent negotiation, verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office Software, Programs, Utilized Dataflow, and logistics management software
Sol Inc. 01/08-06/09 Logistics/Inventory Manager
• Responsible for coordinating over 100K shipments on a weekly basis both Domestic and International.
• Responsible for shipping over 8K in small packages on a weekly basis through Fed-Ex, DHL, UPS
• Ensured all shipping documents, including customs documents for International shipments were done properly, in order to meet the customers needs.
• Through negotiation, saved over 60K in shipping cost.
• Managed an Inventory in excess of 1 million dollars.
• Responsible for receiving all incoming material on a daily basis, ensuring parts were properly put in right location.
• Conducted 2 annual, and to semi annual inventories with less then a 10% discrepancy.
United States Navy 02/86-11/06 Chief Storekeeper/Chief Petty Officer
• Managed annual military base and shipboard materials and contract budgets of up to $5 million dollars
• Directed supply and warehousing for materials valued in excess of $20 million dollars
• Initiated, processed, awarded and reconciled contracts and purchase orders valued up to and in excess of $1 million dollars
• Written over 50 policies, procedures, and instructions
• Performed research and investigations on sensitive personnel, material and security situations leading to corrective actions to eliminate future problems
• Government Purchase Card Agency Program Manager
• Government Travel Card Agency Program Manager
• Consolidated Hazardous Material Inventory Manager Program Manager
• Trained the United States Navy’s 40 Naval Recruiting Districts in Logistics Management, including Procurement Mgmt, Inventory Mgmt, Travel Mgmt, Executions of funds and Facility Maintenance
Certified Supply and Financial Management Supervisor April 1999
Certified Financial Specialist June 1996
Certified Hazardous Material Coordinator August 1996
Certified Contracting Officer February 2003
Certified Journeyman Instructor March 2005
Forklift Certified 2008
References available upon request