Michael L. Sgaraglio
Massapequa Park, N.Y., 11762
Manger with expertise in strategic initiatives advancing business and operational strategies across domestic and international platforms. Expert in creating technology solutions essential to achieving business goals resulting in eight patent applications. Skilled in:
Project Management (PMO) Business Analysis
Process reengineering/best practice Systems/Applications development
Resource (on/off shore) Management Requirement/Scope Management
Training Budget Management
Software: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Visio, MS Project, Project Server
Application development: Basic, RPG II, COBOL, Visual Basic, FoxPro, .Net
Database: Dbase, FoxPro, SQL, Access, Oracle
First Data Corp., Melville, NY 1997 - 2009
Project Manager, Corporate Systems 2007 - 2009
• Spearheaded company systems’ strategy, design and implementation of 120 plus projects for domestic and international business units with an annual revenue of $70 million
• Decreased operating expenses by 30% in US and UK by launching an Integrated Voice Response system.
• Increase collection efficiency by 25% by implementing an Automated Collections Dialer.
• Lowered net losses by 10% and increased revenue by $1.2 million by migrating to a risk management workstation.
• Reduced accounting staffing by 50% by researching and installing an automated Reconciliation application.
• Lead Project Manager for “Oracle on-demand” outsourcing for Oracle R12 upgrade using Agile Scrum methodology.
• Implemented Purchase Card approval and tracking system for procurement group.
• Created Request for Proposal (RFP), participated in selection and negotiation processes.
• Developed business case and cost estimates to consolidate distributed Oracle applications to a single instance infrastructure.
• Formulated a resource costing model for Oracle Single Instance project.
• Developed requirements for web based reporting application for leasing business.
• Selected new global Treasury workstation by participating in due diligence process.
• Resourcing planning and management including supplementing with outsourcing.
• Facilitated Project Management Office study of Human Resources outsourcing effort.
• Project Manager for collaboration with Computer Sciences Corp. to recommend strategic direction for Global Financial Systems redesign.
Michael L. Sgaraglio firstname.lastname@example.org 516-***-**** page 2
Project Manager, Credit Systems 2000 - 2007
Managed daily operational technical support for credit card processor’s Credit departments in New York, Florida, Denver, Toronto Canada and Basildon UK with over 600 users.
• Overall Project Manager of $8 million budget, “Best in Class” application integration with 12 month ROI
• Managed staff of 15 consisting of 10 project managers and 5 programmers with an average annual budget of $2 million.
• Reduced losses by $5 million annually while reducing staff by 20% by designing credit card acquirer collection system to track annual receivables in excess of $32 million.
• System, Unit and User Acceptance Testing with creation of test scripts and validation.
Technical Manager, Credit Systems 1997 - 2000
Managed the daily technical support for Credit departments in New York and Florida and oversaw all off-host application design, development, implementation and training.
• Responsible for Optika optical imaging system for all merchant contracts.
• Led reengineering process to systematized manual credit department processes resulting in staff reductions on average of 10% and reducing losses an average of ½ basis points.
• Designed suite of quick-deploy credit applications to support a rapid international growth
Dataline Inc., Farmingdale, NY 1982 - 1997
Programmer/Systems Analyst/Technical Account Manager
Technical and business liaison for medical billing service bureau supporting Blythedale Children’s Hospital, Suffolk County Department of Health, Transportation Company and Surgical Supply.
• Design, development, installation and training of patient billing and account receivable system, encompassing Medicare, Medicaid, third party insurance and private pay.
• Designed and, created Federal and State mandated reporting for medical clinics and hospitals. (i.e. Suffolk County Department of Health, Blythdale Children’s Hospital)
• Designed and developed turn-key medical billing systems.(i.e. Medical Supply, Transportation)
M.B.A., New York Institute of Technology: Information Systems
B.S., New York Institute of Technology: Management & Information Technology
Project Management Institute (PMI) – Long Island/NY chapter -2008
Agile Development Methodology training -2008
Six Sigma Green Belt certification -2001
Novell CNE certification -1996
“Automated Handling of ACH Rejections”
“Collection and Reserve System”
“Systems and Methods to Monitor Credit Risk”
“Systems and Methods for Managing Collections Relating to Merchant Accounts”
“Merchant Application and Underwriting Systems and Methods”
“Decision Tree Systems and Methods”
“Merchant Application Tracking System and Methods”
“Systems and Methods for Monitoring Credit Fraud”