Jennifer F. Munn
Mendon, Michigan 49072 email@example.com
Detail-oriented Quality Engineer with over 10 years of broad-based experience in the automotive industry. Expertise in performing internal audits to comply with TS 16949 requirements, investigating non-conformances, implementing corrective actions and creating documentation. Six Sigma Green Belt with proven ability to influence and lead teams, drive results, ensure full customer satisfaction. Computer skills include:
Minitab ● Microsoft Office ● Infinity ● Visual Quality Basic
EATON CORPORATION-Automotive, Three Rivers MI October 2006 to January 2009
Quality Engineer April 2007 to January 2009
Developed and implemented strategic plans that addressed compliance to TS-16949 and quality related business issues and objectives. Primary contact for Eaton’s largest customers such as Ford Motor Company . Provided timely response to, and resolution of customer quality issues. Formed Problem Solving teams and completed 8D Problem Solving Reports.
• Completed Six Sigma project which yielded $10K cost savings in 2008.
• Developed and applied advanced complaints handling and corrective action systems to reduce customer complaints by 65%.
• Checked and reduced customer returned materials volume by 20% using preventive, corrective actions and failure analysis.
• Developed and implemented systems for trending production and performance quality levels.
• PPAP responsibility
Document Control Clerk October 2006 to April 2007
Generated routing files and distributed Controlled Documents within the facility
• Completed in-house revisions to meet auditing schedule.
• Updated all production work instructions to new format of standardize work instructions within 3 months.
EATON CORPORATION-Truck Division, Galesburg MI July 2005 to September 2006
IMDS Coordinator July 2005 to September 2006
Maintained customer requirement of system uploads into International Material Data System (IMDS). Championed verification of components and material call-out via blueprints to ensure the integrity of the engineering information in mass volumes and maintained active list of components for status review.
• Recorded over 30,000 weights and material into the IMDS system
• Cross-referenced the substances entered to the Bill of Material (BOM)
SME PLASTICS, Centreville MI May 2004 to May 2005
Managed and coordinated the plant’s quality assurance program in accordance with company policies and procedures. Supervised quality inspectors and worked closely with Operations to resolve in-house and external quality problems using established problem solving methodologies (root cause analysis, mistake-proofing, etc.) Reviewed/Approved nonconforming material and system documentation and product/process change control documentation and specifications.
• Reduced number of open corrective actions from 8 to 3 in six months
• Standardized hourly inspections
• Reduced the number of inspections to the key characteristics
KADANT-JOHNSON CORPORATION, Three Rivers MI January 1997 to February 2004
Engineering/Quality Administrative Assistant January 1997 to February 2004
Generated and maintained ISO Quality Procedures and Work Instructions. Maintained Return Material and Deviation reports as well as correlated Customer Feedback reports. Performed Internal Audits per ISO 9001:2000 standard. Processed Engineering Change Notices (ECN) and receiving inspection.
• Reduced the number of open ECNs
Davenport University - Kalamazoo, Michigan
Bachelor of Science, Business Management
ISO/TS 16949 Certified Internal Auditor, 2007 ASQ – Certified Mechanical Inspector (Cert. #11808)
Eaton Six Sigma Green Belt, 2008