Computer Aided Design Drafter
More than five years experience in engineering, design, and graphics, training students to create top-performing state competition drawings. Strong attention to detail, motivated to complete projects accurately and on time.
• Prepare complete design layouts including specifications and parts lists of assemblies and components
• Draw multiple views of and depicting relationship of components and parts
• Identify dimensions, angles, curvatures, tolerances, and materials
• Accustomed to creating both 2D and 3D drawings
Technical and mechanical
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, engineering drawings and procedure manuals.
• Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Trained in SolidWorks, and AutoCAD
• Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, and simple geometry and trigonometry principles to practical situations.
• Perform strength of material calculations.
• Analyze and classify data.
Master in the Art of Teaching, Marygrove College
Major in Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
Graduated December 2010
Course work included Instructional Design, Effective Assessment, Research Based Instructional Strategies, and a capstone project researching student performance and analyzing data.
Bachelor of Science in Education, Central Michigan University
Graduated December 2006
Certified in Industrial Education with a focus in Engineering, Design, and Graphics. Physical Education minor and coaching certificate. Honor Roll.
Work Experience and Accomplishments
Drafting Teacher, Lapeer East and West High Schools
2007 - present
Teaching classes of up to 35 students. Align course content and instruction with industry standards. Manage department budget of $8,000. Written communication with parents, staff, and administration through email and interdepartmental mail. Supervised administering of ACT assessment.
Michigan Industrial and Technology Education Society (M.I.T.E.S.)
Member since 2008
Organized and conducted the 2011 regional competition. Student mechanical and architectural drawings placing top in the region and state. Wrote and received a grant for a 3-D printer. Attend conferences and workshops, including a tour of the Zero-energy house in Midland, MI.
NCA Steering Committee
Selected to work with building administration and six other teachers to design a school improvement plan with tangible outcomes and measurable goals based on review of assessment data. Worked within deadlines for submitting reports.
2009-2010, Varsity/JV Bowling Clio High School. State semifinalist
2008-2009, Freshman Girls’ Basketball Lapeer East High School. Prepared players to be selected for JV midseason.
2007-2008, JV/Assistant Varsity Wrestling Lapeer East High School. 3rd and 4th place state finishers
Dr. Michael Hobolth
Lapeer Community Schools
250 Second Street
Lapeer, MI 48446
Assistant Principal, East HS
Cell: (810) 356 – 8878
Dr. Alan D. Papendick
Central Michigan University
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Industrial and Engineering
Fraser Public Schools
34270 Garfield Road
Fraser, MI 48026
CTE Instructor, Fraser HS
Cell: (989) 573 – 2283