***** ********* *** ***** ~ Miami, Florida 33186
Cell:305-***-**** ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
CREDIT & COLLECTIONS MANAGER
Versatile professional with demonstrated leadership and organizational talents. Skilled in coordinating and implementing executive accounting solutions. Detail-oriented, with the ability to maintain multiple accounting functions simultaneously while also balancing managerial responsibilities. Background includes supervising and directing groups of up to 25. Possess the ability to transform groups of employees into high-producing teams. Analytical, with creative approaches to problem solving resulting in consistent professional excellence. Recognized by employers as a “top achiever and team player”. Highly proficient in accounting, word processing, and database software. Fluent in Spanish and English (speaking, reading, and comprehension).
PUBLICITAS CHARNEY/PALACIOS & CO., Miami, Florida July 1996 – March 2012
Arm of the Publicitas Promotion Network; leading print media representative firm serving Latin American newspapers and magazines.
Credit and Collections Manager
• Oversee and maintain accounts receivable, including billing, processing of cash receipts, credits, adjustments, and general management of refund checks.
• Manage administrative staff of three.
• Administer credits and adjustments for accounts payable.
• Balance monthly general ledger accounts.
• Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
• Evaluate and make approval determinations on all credit lines.
• Obtain and analyze D&B, CBI, and TRW credit reports.
• Process orders on credit hold.
TEMPFUNDS AMERICA, INC February 1993-July 1996
Payoll funding company
Accounting & Collections Manager
Managed efforts of accounting,collections, operations and credit and collections to support $55 million in annual billings for this specialized PEO. Increased internal controls and revised procedures resulted in an increase of 20% in profits. Managed the financial operations of the Company, including the accounting and payroll departments. Major functions included the establishment and maintenance of appropriate internal accounting controls and procedures, compliance with financial and accounting policies, all banking relationships, tax reporting and the issuance of all financial reports and statements to Officers, Stockholders and Directors.
LINDA VELEZ Page Two
MIAMI MOTIVATIONS, Miami, Florida February 1992 – February 1993
Marketing/promotional products firm serving major Fortune 100 corporations.
A/R, Credit Manager, Payroll Clerk
• Managed cash transactions, refund checks, and wire transfer activity; processed orders.
• Performed billing, collections, proforma processing, credit memos, and customer account adjustments.
• Processed weekly payroll as well as state and federal taxes, social security, and disability claims.
• Researched and resolved balance discrepancies.
• Prepared paperwork for international shipments and delinquency reports.
• Organized bank deposits; processed and posted returned checks and monthly payment fees.
SOUND WAREHOUSE, INC., Miami, Florida August 1988 – February 1992
Nationwide specialty retailer of music, movies, and gaming software.
Shift Manager (December 1989 – February 1992)
• Oversaw multifunctional staff of 25.
• Contributed to all aspects of store management and operations.
• Retained all responsibilities of Video Manager and Bookkeeper.
SOUND WAREHOUSE, INC. (Continued)
Video Manager (November 1988 – December 1989)
• Directed accounting and loss prevention activities, including delinquent account management, merchandise recovery, credit card charges, and collections.
• Compiled comprehensive monthly reports detailing membership and financial status.
Bookkeeper, Payroll Clerk (August 1988 – November 1988)
• Coordinated day-opening accounting, such as verifying safe count and confirming overages and shortages.
• Processed charge transactions and sales deposits; verified deposit slips.
• Managed current log-ons, gift certificate transactions, ticket sales, in-store transfers, and sales rentals.
• Calculated sales projections and store budgets.
• Administered payroll and employee timecards.
• Prepared monthly financial reports.
MIAMI DADE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Miami, Florida
Associate of Business, December 2005
Accounting: Microsoft Excel ~
Database: SAP ~ Media 2000 ~ D-Base
Word Processing: Microsoft Word ~ Word Perfect for Windows