Strategic Sales Planning / Market Expansion / Relationship Management
Dynamic, entrepreneurial sales management strategist with a 10+ year record of achievement and demonstrated success driving sales growth while providing award-winning sales leadership in highly competitive markets. Adept at stimulating growth of diversified product lines and improving sales-team performance. Exceptional mentor and coach. Persistent in building new business, securing customer loyalty, and forging strong relationships.
Core competencies include:
•Strategic Market Positioning
•Key Client Retention
•Solution Selling Strategies
•High-Impact Sales Presentations
DIRECTOR, DIVERSIFIED SALES, 2005 - 2008
Arkalite, A Division of Big River Industries, Little Rock, AR
Big River Industries is the largest manufacturer of clay based lightweight aggregate in the US with 500 employees and annual revenues exceeding $50 million.
Oversee all diversified sales and business development functions, including new product rollouts, key account management, customer relationship development. Provide cross-functional team training, coaching, and mentoring. Design and implement sales strategies, plans and programs for HydRocks marketing, with a focus on building distribution channels and creating demand with the key decision makers.
• Instrumental in complete design and implementation of team selling; set higher expectations and instituted team-member accountability resulting in 300% revenue increase over three years.
• Appointed Chairperson of the national association of the expanded clay shale and slate institutes horticulture division.
• Consistently developed strong, sustainable relationships with design teams and executive decision makers of Fortune 500 client companies.
HORTICULTURE SALES MANAGER, 2002 - 2005
ARKALITE, A Division of General Shale, Memphis, TN
Arkalite is a leading manufacturer and distributor of aggregates with $10 million in annual sales.
Directed Sales efforts in 13 states that increased sales 100% over two years. Created and implemented sales strategies for new products and developed marketing tools that increased market share by 21%. Developed and implemented strategic plans to set up distribution centers that helped increase earnings by 28%. Responsible for sales development, new market identification and penetration and large-scale contract negotiations. Monitored operational performance of distributors to ensure alignment with corporate profit goals.
• Team consistently ranked #1 in company sales for three years.
• Designed and led first company wide marketing and advertising campaign that increased market share by 18%.
• Impacted business partner revenue by over 150% through continual communications and liaison efforts with both design engineers and sales team members.
Director of Business Development, 2000 - 2002
Alessi Keyes Construction – Little Rock, AR
Alessi Keyes is a mid-sized commercial construction general contractor doing an estimated $13 million dollars annually.
Built and developed architect network for procuring projects in excess of $30 million. Facilitated sales training for prospective clients, developed new sales programs, and acted as liaison between architect, owner and construction manager.
• Established company’s first-ever website marketing program.
• Increased company’s annual revenue from $8 million to $13 million.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Bachelor of Arts (BA) - Communications, 1996 – Baylor University, Texas
Professional Development Courses:
Dale Carnegie Sales Training
Leadership Through Quality