Current Employer : MPHASIS, HP Enterprise Services
Designation : Specialization Associate
Infrastructure- Network Services
Duration : September 2010
Client : Bank of America
Tools Used : Alcatel Lucent VitalQIP, Bluecat Networks( Proteus 3.7 Training ), ISM Maximo Ticketing tool, Wireshark; IPAMRS and ROARS Works Queue.
A Global IP address registrar and infrastructure support for Bank of America. A primary lead engineer for the infrastructure Bank of America migration in the Asia pacific, US, EU regions. An active member within the load balancing team in IPAM, DNS and DHCP. A Competent knowledge of Alcatel-Lucent Vital QIP and Unix Shell scriptingIPAM software applications and appliances.
Key Responsibilities :
Maintenance of DHCP and DNS Servers on the client’s network
• DHCP Server:
o Creating DHCP Ranges on New Networks
o Creating DHCP Services on Existing Networks
o Applying existing templates as per the client's host location which contain the following parameters:
DNS name server list
WINS server list
Subnet mask (added by default)
NetBIOS Node Type (set to hybrid)
Router (default gateway)
o Defining the lease time as per the network standards
o Manual push of DHCP
• DNS Server:
o Addition/Deletion/Modification of :
End-User Workstation Names
Switches and Hubs
DHCP host names
o Manual push of DNS (with proper approvals)
Creation/Modification/Deletion of subnets as per the client’s request including FLSM and VLSM
Splitting and joining subnets (Subnetting and Supernetting)
Natting and creating ACLs as per the client’s security request
Well versed with GUI/CLI/WEB Vital QIP
Disaster recovery management
Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, RIP v2.
Switching Protocols & Technologies: STP, V-LAN Management, Inter V-LAN communications management
Monitoring network Activity using tools like Wireshark
ITIL standards maintained.
PREVIOUS EMPLOYER DETAILS
Employer 1 : Vyom Technosoft Pvt Ltd
Designation : Junior Network Support Engineer
Duration : June 2009 to September 2010
Client : Craft
Tools : ISM Maximo Ticketing tool
• Managing email, anti-spam and virus protection;
• Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
• Providing training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence
• Managing the website and keeping internal networks running
• Monitoring the use of the web by employees
• Creating new database users as required
• Checking Alert log & monitoring growth of the Table spaces (Status Reports).
• Re-organization of Table spaces as and when necessary.
• Configuring Oracle Server and Listener services using TCP/IP and NET8 protocols for networking
• Planning and scheduling backups using Crontab.
• Performing Database backup (Cold Backup on a weekly basis and Hot Backup on Daily Basis).
• Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the Database
• Trouble shooting Operating systems & Hardware.
• Installing and configuring computer networking systems and applications.
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
• Troubleshooting network problems and diagnosing and solving routing faults.
• Resolving domain issues on Windows Server 2003 network infrastructure including WINS configuration and implementation.
• Providing reports on the performance of tools on network
• Testing and evaluating new technology on the network for performance issues.
o Successfully tested ISM Maximo Ticketing tool performance on the client’s network using tools like Wireshark and network sniffers
• Trouble shooting issues where firewalls blocking some subnets on the network and hence taking the Level 2 Network team’s support in order to get it fixed.
• Checking the Layer 2 protocols such as STP on Cisco switches with the help of Level 2 Network Team
• Setting up new hosts and profiles on the network
• Providing support, including procedural documentation
• Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs
• Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
• Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time
• Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals