Email: ramesh.work at gmail.com
Managed web sites with $75 million revenue. Responsible for online marketing programs (Social Media, Email, SEM, SEO, etc.) for driving traffic, web strategy for customer experience and overall site conversion. Co-Founder of MOMMYNIRI.COM blog and adept at using social medial tools (including twitter, facebook, LinkedIn, whrrl) for viral marketing.
48HOURPRINT.COM Boston, MA (Director of Ecommerce) 2008–2009
Responsible for $20 million revenue stream.
Increased search engine marketing (SEM) conversion rate by 30%.
• Accountable for $10M channel revenue with a budget of $1M and 1000s of keywords
• Setup roadmap for achieving strong ROI in spite of significant price pressures in 2009
• Achieved superior campaign structure that could hold steady for higher budget
• Tested geo-targeting, day-parting, content-networks and ad copies
• Responsible for launching discount code program for PPC
Executed email program for retention
• Increased email open rates by 25% and click thru rates by 40%
• Executed email content strategy to generate higher traffic and link building
• Executed predictive modeling based segmentation strategies
• Recorded highest weekly revenue based on segmentation
• Increased response rates from lapsed customers and order size from loyal customers.
SEO link building program
• Launched customer appreciation program to generate links
• Launched content heavy email program to generate incoming blog links
Launched new web site and ecommerce dashboard
• Accountable for online shopping experience and conversion rate
• Setup Google Analytics sales funnel
• Established companywide ecommerce dashboard for planning and forecasting
• Responsible for execution of (UCD) user centric design project
• Responsible for launching and executing content strategy
• Engaged content vendors to provide differentiated merchandising
• Responsible for adding backend capacity to handle large files and advanced proofing interface for a differentiated shopping experience
CIDC Cambridge, MA (SEO Content & Social Media Manager) 2008–2008
Delivered a 5% incremental revenue plan through sales funnel optimization. Proposed SEO link building and content strategy (blog network and social media campaigns) to drive search ranking. Optimized the site for International SEO.
DELUXE CORP Groton, MA (eCommerce Marketing Manager) 2005–2008
Responsible for conversion rate of $75M web sites and accountable for $10M acquisition
Improved Search Engine Marketing performance by 30%
• Managed $1.5M+ budget and 1000s of keywords
• Optimally structured campaigns to utilize high ROI long tail keyword inventory
• Conducted multivariate tests for landing page to improve conversion and findability
• Tested multiple promotions to find the optimal offers
• Optimized SEM campaign performance, analyzed bidding strategies, and creative
• Tested new ad copies to generate more qualified leads.
Generated $3M incremental revenue through multi-variate testing
• Executed PPC landing page test to record 20% higher conversion rate
• Generated 3% higher revenue while conducting sub-category page test
• Generated 4% higher revenue while conducting product details page test
• Responsible for web site conversion, findability and navigation
Generated $1M incremental revenue
• Launched the first ever search engine optimization (SEO) program in the company
• Developed synergies between PPC and SEO
• Increased long tail exposure of thousands of SKUs with better indexation and targeting
Served as Ecommerce Strategist
• Executed cross-channel strategies for consistent experience between catalog and web site
• Responsible for launch of small business web site and eCatalog
• Responsible for search and navigation for the new web site on ATG platform
• Executed (UCD) user centric design projects for improvement of shopping experience including checkout process and WYSIWYG proofing.
ECHOMAIL Cambridge, MA (Business Development Executive) 2004–2005
Designed the web site as a sales tool by focusing on industry verticals, case studies and white papers. Launched email newsletter and closed major accounts.
INFOLENZ Cambridge, MA (Director of Marketing) 2002–2004
Led the sales and marketing team at MIT based startup company. Managed lead generation program, conducted product demonstrations, and grew prospect database. Defined go-to-market strategy and positioned patent-pending technology in new market. Closed major retail accounts.
ALCATEL, HCL and Future Software (Software Engineer III) 1994–2001
Managed product requirements, detailed design, and software development. Expert in data networking and telecommunication technologies.
Master of Business Administration, University of Maryland May 2002
Bachelor of Engineering, (Computer Science), IIT Roorkee May 1994