Velvet L. Booker
Clinton, MS *9056
Objective: To gain employment
Employment: Bellsouth/AT&T Southeast, Jackson, MS, Feb. 12, 2001-Aug. 27, 2008
Sales Associate & Customer Service Specialist From 8/2003- 8/2008
• Professionally Answer Customer Calls, handled customer request and reroute misdirected calls to correct department.
This job was very competitive, but I enjoyed it. I loved the energy & motivation provided by teammates. It was truly a sales environment where we would compete for compensation & prizes. During My career at Bellsouth I was a top seller. I made it my goal to always meet my sales objectives. My main goal was to provide customers with product information & explained how products & services would benefit there lifestyles. Multi-tasking was a must along with solid communication skills.
Toll Operator 02/2001-08/2003
• This position required solid communication & telephone skills.
• I provided assistance with 911, aided disabled & visually impaired customers in dialing phone numbers, & also handled misdirected calls and rerouted them to the appropriate departments.
Education: Callaway High School graduated 1993
Career Development 1997-1998
• ICD-9 Medical Coding
• Medical Terminology
• Computer Courses
Strengths & Skills:
- can create attainable goals and motivate team to achieve objectives
- passionate about technology and how it can empower young people
- thrives in a deadline driven, pressure mounting, creative environment
- able to meet, network and maintain relationships with key personnel
- proficient understanding of Adobe products: In Design,
Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
- knowledge of Microsoft Office applications