Robert F. VanNorman
*** ******* **. *** ****, TN 37880
Bachelor of Science Accounting Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI
Brunswick Recreational Boat Group
Vice President, Manufacturing (2008 – 2011)
Promoted to head of manufacturing for Sea Ray, Bayliner, Meridian Yachts, Trophy, and Lund Fiberglass. Responsible for the integration of all the above mentioned brands over a two year period. Integrated thirty-two models and three brands in two years. Consolidated ten plants into five manufacturing locations. Responsible for operating budget and capital budgets.
Sea Ray Boats, Inc., Knoxville, TN
Vice President, Manufacturing (2004 – 2008)
Promoted as part of a new management team and charged with improving EBITDA, quality and introducing lean manufacturing systems to the company. Responsible for the turn around in our China operations. Hold full P&L responsibility for all manufacturing operations and direct 2400+ employees located in six manufacturing locations in three countries. Manage continuous improvement activities and goal setting for all locations. Oversee capital projects of $15 million annually. Report to the President/CEO.
Vice President, Manufacturing Sea Ray, Vonore Plant (1996 – 2004)
Led all production initiatives for this manufacturing location, which produces 60% of all Sea Ray Boats. Translated long-term strategic objectives into short-term manufacturing strategies through Sea Ray Manufacturing first strategic planning process.
• Introduced first lean manufacturing principles with the introduction of the 5’s process, improving efficiency from 85% to 95% in the first year
• Introduced cellular manufacturing adjacent to assembly line reducing transportation and over production waste
• Responsible for company’s first robotic cell introduction. This cell reduced material waste by 25%
• Responsible for introduction of company’s first continuous improvement database, responsible for tracking process improvement activities and closure rate. Improved action plan closure rate from an average 42 days to 9 days.
Robert F. VanNorman Page 2
Operations manager, Sea Ray, Riverview Plant (1993 – 1996)
Accountable for maintenance, material control, accounting, logistics,, environmental, HR, and scheduling. Managed 100 people and was responsible for a 36% improvement in efficiency in those areas.
• Introduced first automated scheduling program which help identify bottlenecks and improved efficiency.
• Reduced inventory by 32% by introducing Production Point Usage material system
Early Positions Included:
Director of Cost, Knoxville TN, (1991-1993) Operations Manager, Oxford MI (1989-1991) Plant Controller, Oxford MI (1986-1989)