Brent R. Gottlieb
Greeley, CO 80634
Senior Sales Professional
B2B Sales -- Financial Services Industry
– First business development manager in company to set up and establish a satellite sales office in any region outside of the Pacific Northwest thereby establishing a market presence in the Rocky Mountain region, leading to a 33% growth in revenue overall within nine months.
Accomplished business development manager in the financial services industry with a proven record of opening new markets; including researching market viability, recruiting and training new business development officers, cold calling referral sources (bankers, payroll companies, CPAs, attorneys, brokers, etc.), leading to a substantial increase in revenue generated from national sales efforts.
Over ten years of progressively responsible experience in B2B sales; consistently exceeded sales goals making me one of the top performers company wide. Frequently marketed other services such as Payroll or HR Outsourcing to compliment my service offerings in order to offer a complete turnkey solution.
From the ground up, developed strategic broker and referral networks in the local market and nationwide, leading to a substantial increase in lead generation and overall new business volume.
Proven track record prospecting for new business in the local business community, and at establishing and nurturing lasting relationships with clients and referral sources.
Assertive, proactive sales professional with a proven ability to close the deal, and a keen ability to anticipate and identify customer needs.
Entrepreneurial spirit with a keen ability to work effectively alone with little or no supervision, or as a team contributor. Opened the Denver sales office with minimal supervision, guidance or direction from management.
Olympic Credit Fund Olympia, Washington 1998 – 2009
Business Development Manager – Rocky Mountain Region
Through professional networking and prospecting, identified small to medium sized businesses in need of financing, and on a consultative basis, worked with small business owners and C-level executives to determine if the business was a candidate for asset based financing, and if so, walked them through the credit review and funding process to closing.
• Recruited by owner to open new sales office in the Rocky Mountain Region and to develop a market presence in the Denver business community.
• Within a few months generated enough business to make my office profitable; soon after grew the portfolio to $1MM in annual revenue; and within two more years grew my portfolio substantially to just under $2MM annually.
• Tapped by senior management to identify and open satellite sales offices in other metropolitan areas on a national basis, including recruiting, training and leading new business development officers.
• Developed and presented training to bankers, prospects and other referral sources on the uses, benefits, advantages and disadvantages, and technical aspects of accounts receivable financing.
Custom Syndicated Research Casper, Wyoming 1997 – 1998
Director of Operations
Recruited by business owner as what he termed a “master communicator” to identify cultural problems within the business organization and develop and implement a strategy for resolving those problems in an effort to reduce employee turnover, reduce costs and increase productivity.
• Conducted a needs assessment across all departments to identify potential cultural or sub-cultural issues that might impact employee retention and productivity. After identifying potential issues, developed and presented employee and staff training to address those problems.
• Identified the organizational structure as a potential problem and restructured and redistributed management responsibilities leading to higher productivity and better product quality.
• Tapped by company owner to lead the conversion from a manual to an automated survey system, which was accomplished in minimal time while staying under budget, and ultimately leading to increased productivity and greater accuracy.
• Established an HR department and recruited an HR manager, leading to better staff and employee communications and cohesiveness.
Wyoming Department of Employment Casper, Wyoming 1997 – 1997
Division Training Officer
As the only training officer for the Employment Resources Division, was responsible for providing training on any discipline as requested by each ER Center. Called on by the ER Director to conduct a training needs assessment in an effort to identify ways that training could improve morale and interpersonal relationships between front line caseworkers.
• Developed and implemented a division-wide (300 employees) team building training program which aided in resolving critical personnel and interpersonal relationship problems within various ER Centers throughout the state.
• Analyzed state and federal quality initiatives and then planned and implemented division-wide training programs to advance those initiatives throughout the ER Centers statewide.
The Sage Corporation Casper, Wyoming 1992 – 1996
Managed the day to day operations of a private technical school. Successfully took the school through national accreditation with the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology.
• Reporting directly to the company CEO, managed all aspects of school operations: leading and supervising all staff; administering federally funded job training programs; maintaining compliance with state, federal and accrediting commission guidelines; and staff professional development, ultimately leading to the highest success rate among any of the Sage schools in the region.
• Managed recruiting and marketing efforts leading to a substantial increase in student admissions.
University of Phoenix Phoenix, Arizona 1990
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration