Karen S. Nissim, CPA
Thousand Oaks, CA *****
818-***-**** Cell Phone
VP,Controller for a $60 million dollar public direct response company
Experience with accounting computer system conversions and implementations
Diverse accounting experience in distribution, manufacturing, software and travel
Strong financial background including budgets, tax, cash management and negotiation skills
Proven ability to supervise and motivate my team
Work closely and effectively with all levels of personnel. Strong believer in teamwork
California State University, Northridge
Bachelor of Science Degree
Business Administration, Option: Accounting
Certified Public Accountant - State of California #47620E
Windows, Microsoft Office, Great Plains, SBT & Platinum Accounting Software, Quickbooks Pro and other accounting software.
Auriga Laboratories, Camarillo, CA 11/07 to 4/4/08
• Set up the accounting department with a new staff.
• Great Plains computer conversion with the IT department.
• Prepare all workpapers for the outside CPA Firm for the certified audit.
• Monthly financial statements and SEC filings including equity transactions.
• Manage the accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
• Reconciled all balance sheet accounts to set up in house schedules
Ronco Corporation, Simi Valley, CA 10/05 to 11/07
VP,Controller (Ronco Corp is a $60 million dollar direct response houseware company)
Filed Chapter 11 June 14, 2007 and help set up Ronco Acquisition
• Started the accounting department with new staff and set up systems and procedures, including bringing the financials current to report 1st quarter “Q” to the SEC.
• Prepare all workpapers for the outside CPA firm for the quarterly reviews and yearly certified audits.
• Work closely with the warehouse on inventory and implementing the Warehouse Management System
• Work with the attorneys and consultants on all documents for the Chapter 11 filings including the 7 day and 15 day packages and motions.
• Represented the company in Bankruptcy Court on first day hearings.
• Work with outside investors and work very closely with our bankers and lenders.
Berner Food Service, Oxnard, CA 02/05 to 09/05
Controller (Berner Food Service is a $100 million food distribution company)
Company went out of business
• Responsibilities included starting up of the accounting department with systems and
procedures, and bringing the financials current on an antiquated Filepro system.
• Worked on daily cash flow and projections based on limited cash funding.
• Started a computer conversion from Filepro to food industry software IDS.
• Designed the new chart of accounts and set up the financial statements in report writer.
• Reported to the CFO of the parent company and the president of Berner.
Regency Lighting, Van Nuys, Ca. 05/98 to 02/05
Controller/Acting CFO (Regency Lighting is a privately held lighting distribution company with revenue over $50 million and two hundred employees and locations in Atlanta, San Francisco, New Jersey, Texas and with corporate in Los
• Responsibilities included all the monthly financial statements, cash management, tax
audits, 401K audits, managing outside CPA firm yearly audits, sales and use taxes,
maintaining business licenses for various locations and budgets.
• Managed the accounts payable, accounts receivables, invoicing and payroll departments.
• Supervised a staff of 13.
• Administered the 401k profit sharing plan and negotiated the bank line of credits for the company.
• Converted the company from a “C” corporation to an “S” corporation.
Ebert Hospitality Management Group, Inc. Chatsworth, CA 02/97 to 03/98
Controller/Operations Manager(Ebert Hospitality Management Group, Inc. is a
Company went out of business
• Was responsible for handling all the accounting duties for each entity. (CD Rom Travel Planners, Internet Travel Reservation Service, Ticket & Tours Online, Inc, The Parsonage Bed & Breakfast and Ebert Property Holdings Inc.)
Leslie’s Poolmart, Chatsworth 03/96 to 01/97
Assistant Controller Leslie’s (Poolmart is a $200 million retailer and manufacturer of swimming pool equipment, chemicals and recreational type items).
Access HealthNet Inc, Thousand Oaks, 06/95 to 12/95
Controller, Director of Administration (Access HealthNet Inc. was a $25 million public company which sold hardware and software to medical laboratories).Company went Chapter 13.
Rawlings Golf, Chatsworth, 11/92 to 06/95
Controller (Rawlings Golf is a $20 million manufacturing company assembling golf clubs).
Princess Cruises, Los Angeles, 04/88 to 08/92
Senior Accounting Manager - Marine Operations
JBL Professional, Northridge, 08/85 to 08/87
Weber Lipshie & Company CPAs, Beverly Hills 09/81 to 01/ 84
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants