Frisco, TX 75034 email@example.com
Technical Director delivering consistent and measurable increased value to the pre-sales and technical organizations. Expertise in data integration technologies including data warehouse, cloud, data virtualization, MDM and big data. Leadership in managing distributed teams as well as hands on experience with various DI tools.
• Managed distributed team of local and international managers and developers to own and build off the shelf custom data integration/data warehouse/MDM solutions using Informatica products on various OS and databases.
• Managed the cloud environment for Informatica pre-sales and R&D organizations in APAC, EMEA and NA.
• Facilitated development and interaction between product management, pre-sales and R&D organization worldwide.
• Program managed at least 3 to 4 major release of our solution per year worldwide to coincide with Informatica product releases.
• Managed solution support for 200+ pre-sales engineers worldwide.
• Owned and managed the solution data center comprising of various Dell and HP servers hosting various ERP based solutions.
• Managed solution and software support for the Education and Enablement organization (Informatica University).
Informatica Corporation, Dallas, TX and Redwood City, CA. 2000 – Present
Director, Technical Marketing April 2008 to Present
• Managed budget for SAP installations and licenses. Also managed the budget for the data center and other enterprise software such as Oracle EBiz, Siebel, Teradata and the Grid environment.
• Managed a distributed team of managers and developers building data integration/ data warehouse solutions using Informatica tools such as PowerCenter, Power Analyzer, MDM, Data Quality, B2B, Power Exchange, Metadata Manager, etc. Work with various internal groups and external clients to meet the requirements to provide an off the shelf configured data integration/ data warehouse foundation.
• Developed solutions on emerging technologies like big data, HADOOP, data virtualization, Integration competency centers (ICC) and data federation.
• Evaluated and managed cloud vendor for pre-sales. Involved in selection, adoption and management of all aspects of the process.
Principal Technical Manager, Technical Marketing, Feb. 2006 to April 2008
• Manager/ Team Lead for functional teams with both direct and indirect reports assigned to evaluate competitors’ products and build solutions using our products to show our competitive advantage.
Senior Technical Manager, Technical Marketing, July. 2004 to Feb. 2006
• Technical Lead for developing new functionality for Informatica products working in conjunction with developers and architects from the R&D and product management teams.
Senior Solution Architect, Emerging Solutions and Center of Excellence, Aug. 2003 to July 2004
• Worked with various pre-released Informatica products and connectors such as PowerCenter, PowerExchange for ERP’s, PowerExchange for Mainframes and other generic sources and databases to build data integration solutions.
Data Architect/Developer, Network Business Unit, June 2000 to Aug. 2003
• Created and contributed to the execution of the plan to move the business unit from a data warehousing Infrastructure Company to a Global Insight Services B2B Analytic Marketplace solution player. Helped build the architecture to leverage the Informatica’s Product and e-business Application products.
Oracle Corporation, Dallas, TX 1997-2000
Principal Consultant, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Practice, Feb.1999 – June 2000
• Data Architect for South Central Region Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Implementations. Also Involved in Business and Proposals developments.
• Responsibilities included creating and maintaining the Metadata repository, creating and maintaining the star schema for the data warehouse and the schema for the staging area, logical and physical database design. Involved in the process of extracting, transforming and Loading the data (ETL). Also, involved in some of the DBA activities on the warehouse database.
• Creation of solution sets to perform data warehouse and data mart evaluation/audit. Concentrated in the area of solutions architecture that included Data Warehouse/Marts Database Design, Metadata Environment, Testing Strategy, Archive/Restore Strategy, backup and recovery strategy, Data Acquisition Process Design and data security strategy.
• Requirements gathering, building conceptual, logical designs to a solid physical design using Oracle8i.
Senior Consultant, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Practice, Aug.1997 – Feb. 1999
• Technical review and assessment of different data warehouse implementations.
• Single point of technical contact in Oracle8i and Data Warehousing development technologies (Designer/2000, OWB).
• Customer Engagements include delivery of data warehouse analysis, design, development and deployment include:
• Texas Instruments Semiconductors
• 3M Corporation
• Texas Instruments Calculators
NewData Strategy, Dallas, TX
Consultant, May 1996 – August 1997
• Responsible for software and tools evaluation such Silverstream, Rational Rose etc.
• Part of the team responsible for selling Performer case tool. Responsibilities included going to clients sites and assessing their needs and do gaps analysis where Performer would have been a good fit. Was also involved in doing POC’s for different clients.
• Team lead for the GUI team at a large software development company. Had 5 people working for me. It involved mentoring new team members to help them build applications, manage time for all the team members using management tools like project workbench, define the architecture and build data models.
• Built several applications, starting from the Architecture and Data Modeling level all the way to the delivery of the application. It involved building ERD and process models using I-CASE tools.
University of Texas, Dallas
Sydenham College, Mumbai, INDIA