Ashley S. Ferguson, SPHR
Knoxville, TN 37921 Phone: 865-***-****
Summary Energetic, creative and forward-thinking Human Resources professional with ten years of experience in all functional areas of HR. Committed to remaining current on employment laws and regulations. SPHR certified as of this year, previously held PHR certification. Secret level Government clearance. Recently relocated to Knoxville, TN. Eager to continue career progression in a Human Resources Generalist position.
June 2011 – June 2012 Town of Christiansburg Christiansburg, VA
Director of Human Resources
• Direct all aspects of Human Resources for 250+ Town employees across 12 departments.
• Develop & deliver a wide variety of training topics, including New Employee Orientation, Supervisory Skills, Sexual Harassment/Workplace Harassment, DOT Drug & Alcohol Awareness.
• Conduct and maintain ethical employment practices in conjunction with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, EOE, ADAAA, HIPAA, ADEA, FMLA/NDAA, and develop policies consistent with these laws.
• Assist other department heads and supervisors with employee relations, evaluations and other employment practices.
• Educate employees on retirement and other Town benefit plans.
• Report to Town Manager and Town Council.
November 2010 – June 2011 Wurth Revcar Fasteners, Inc. Roanoke, VA
Human Resources Manager
• Administration of all benefit plans, payroll, recruiting, on-boarding and new hire orientation, development and delivery of training, policy enforcement, employee relations and terminations for 150 employees at five locations.
• Communicated changes of company policy and procedures to employees.
• Promoted company wellness program and create incentives to encourage participation.
• Reported to Board of Directors and Senior Management in monthly Manager Meetings.
March 2010 – November 2010 Aerotek Staffing, Inc Salem, VA
On-premise HR Manager
• Managed Aerotek’s contractor work force at GE Energy Plant in Salem, VA.
• Structured on-boarding and orientation program for new Contractors.
• Supervised contractor compliance with all GE security & training programs.
• Handled all employee relations issues, including warnings, write-ups and terminations.
November 2008 – March 2010 ITT Night Vision Roanoke, VA
HR Administrator/Training Specialist
• Administered salaried benefits plans, served as liaison for escalated billing and
• Developed, organized and conducted salaried new hire orientation.
• Managed payroll changes, including annual merit system for salaried employment population.
• Delivered harassment training and ensure compliance on all training programs for
1500+ Employees and Contractors.
May 2006 – June 2008 IdleAire Technologies Corp. Knoxville, TN
HR Recruiter/Employment Coordinator
• Staffed for remote positions in a territory spanning 70+ locations.
• Coach Managers on hiring procedures and effective interviewing.
• Administrator for all Workers’ Comp claims.
• Created organizational charts and edited final draft of Employee Handbook.
• Coordinated annual picnic, Christmas party and United Way campaign.
June 2002 – June 2003 & October 2004 – January 2006 Ruby Tuesday Inc. Maryville, TN
Human Resources – Field Support Coordinator
• Conducted interviews and managed new hire process for up to 50 restaurants.
• Coordinated benefits for entire district.
• Processed weekly and biweekly payroll.
SPHR – Certified January 2011
PHR - Certified May 2008 – December 2010
1998 – 2002 University of Tennessee Knoxville, TN
B.S. in Communications, Major in Broadcasting, emphasis in French
1994 - 1998 West High School Knoxville, TN
U.S. Government classified at Secret level since 3/16/2009.
Lindsey Nelson Scholarship Recipient – 2001-2002 (One awarded at UT each year).
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society – 2001-2002
Kappa Tau Alpha Communications Honor Society – 2001-2002
National Key Honors Society – 2001-2002
National Dean’s List – 2001, 2002
National Society of Collegiate Scholars – 2000-2002
Phi Eta Sigma (Freshman Honor Society)
Computer skills include Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, PC Recruiter, I-recruit, Lotus Notes, Infinium, Oracle, ADP, & Learning Management System for training.
Outstanding writing, public speaking, leadership and personal skills.
Ability to multi-task, exceptional attention to detail, and great organizational skills.
Community activities & Involvement
National member of SHRM and active member of the New River Valley & Roanoke chapters.
National Member of ASTD and active member of local ASTD Chapter.
Certified Level 1 USAT Triathlon Coach – March 2011.
Fitness instructor/Triathlon Coach for the Roanoke Valley & Virginia Tech YMCAs.
Member & Liturgist at Locust Grove United Methodist church. Served on Pastor Parish Relations Committee from 2005-2007.