Organized and self-motivated leader with a strong background in Management; seeking an opportunity to utilize my educational background and vast work experience in a professional capacity. Strong attention to details, a can do attitude, strong analytical & problem solving and demonstrated multi-tasking skills with the ability to exceed expectations in career and educational endeavors.
Master of Business Administration – May 4, 2012
Concentration in Management- GPA-3.89
Chicago State University
Bachelor of Science – Business Administration - December 2010
Major: Management- GPA 3.50
Chicago Association of Realtors
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Urban Oasis Property Mgmt., Chicago, Illinois 5/ 2005- 12/2011
• Managed & leased 8 multi-family properties (108 units) in Chicago
• Oversaw maintenance staff and contractors for various projects relating to the interior & exterior conditions and appearance of the properties
• Leased various commercial spaces and residential properties for private owners
• Trained and worked closely with leasing agents to monitor productivity, showings and follow ups
• Closely monitored expenses in order to implement cost cutting strategies
• Ordered office supplies, equipment and renovation supplies for various projects
• Implemented creative marketing strategies to decrease turnaround time on leasing vacant properties
• Completed financial reports for owners, coordinated property showings and developed all marketing and advertising media.
• Responsible for collecting over $950,000 in rental income annually
• Engaged in the selection of contract services, vendor negotiations for service and day to day monitoring of vendor performance
• Participated in the day to day financial management of the properties with specific attention to accounts receivables, collection activities and accounts payable
• Maintained relationships with all residents and community and ensured consistent application of property policies.
• Worked with owner to prepare project budgets on an annual basis.
• Explored and documented information regarding the property’s market area: the competition, area amenities; area services on a semi-annual basis.
• Maintained a traffic log containing accurate referral, marketing and demographic information from prospective residents.
• Conducted quarterly performance appraisals of leasing team.
Ultra Foods, Lansing, Illinois 9/2001-05/2005
Dairy/Frozen Department Manager
• Coordinated recruitment, hiring, and training of employees to enhance efficiency and boost productivity
• Maximized sales and controlled shrink and expenses in both labor and non-payroll
• Successfully increased customer satisfaction from 79% to 94%
• Coordinated merchandise placement and sales promotion activities
• Significantly increased operating profit margin by 15 % by monitoring &controlling P&L and reduced shrinkage by 35%.
• Managed payroll budgets and monitored store profitability
• Ensured staff maintained store presentation and monitored administration of all safety programs
• Successfully met daily, quarterly and annual sales goals
• Developed and implemented sales plan to maximize company profitability and achieve overall business goals
• Minimized out of stocks by working closely with dairy and frozen vendors to ensure consistent on time deliveries
• Prepared employee schedule and implemented incentives to increase productivity
• Ordered inventory, physically unloaded trucks and maintained fully stocked shelves.
• Completed resets by planograms to cut out discontinued items or to add new products
• Dealt with customer complaints and request quickly and effectively.
Aldi Foods, Chicago, Illinois
Assistant Store Manager
• Consistently exceeded sales goal by 10% or more annually
• Prepared employee schedule, financial reports as well as performed quarterly audits on inventory
• Utilized strong leadership skills in directing sales associates
• Increased sales by delivering exceptional customer service
• Balanced employee cash drawers and safe
• Built impressive product displays to increase sales
• Coached, trained and developed associates
• Responsible for the POS system and related procedures
• Conducted open and closing store procedures
• Consistently achieved productivity and inventory goals.
• Physically stocked merchandise and ordered inventory.
• Ensured that the store was ready for business, fully stocked and maintained throughout the day.
• Ensured an enjoyable shopping experience for customers.
• PropertyWare and Yardi
• Microsoft Office 2010: Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Power Point
• QuickBooks, Peachtree
• Internet Explorer, e-commerce
• Microsoft Works
• 40 wpm
• Social Media Marketing/Advertising
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship 2012
• Assisted Chicago High School students with the preparation of various business plans as well as how to properly present those plans to investors and banks.
Center of Higher Development 2012
Prepared students between the ages of 17 and 30 for Language Arts section of the GED exam.
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
Delta Mu Delta International Business Honor Society