***- ***-**** (Res) 916- 865-8040 (Cell) email: email@example.com
Hotel Casino Executive with demonstrated ability to initiate and implement improvements required to reduce expenses and maximize revenues in top casino hotel operations. Consistently successful in achieving highest standards of quality and customer satisfaction. Effective team builder with strong leadership skills.
Vice President of Operations, Thunder Valley Casino, Sacramento, CA 2003-2009
Responsible for successful operation of key areas including Project Administration, Security, Facilities, Transportation, Valet, Wardrobe, Housekeeping, Retail Operations, PBX and Community Relations. Directly responsible for approximately 400 team members including 3 Executive Committee members and several department heads.
• Member of Executive Committee responsible for opening and maintaining one of the most profitable casinos in the country. Estimated to be in the top 3 annually.
• Accountable directly to CEO for oversight of all phases of a major property expansion to achieve Tribe’s vision of a 4-5 star hotel property. Project included 650 rooms, 30,000 sq. ft. of convention space, 3,000seat performing arts center, 5,000 space garage, expanded gaming space, 2 restaurants and associated amenities. Guided executive committee through design and development process. In conjunction with the CEO, selected architects, designers and general contractors.
• Chaired Property Claims Committee ensuring General Liability and Workers Compensation Programs operated in strict compliance with the Tribal Compact and associated Tribal Tort Ordinances. Reduced premiums each year through efforts.
• Liaison to Federal, state and local law enforcement agencies as well as District Attorneys and Public Defenders. Protected the Tribes sovereign immunity while providing the agencies with necessary information to investigate, prosecute or defend their cases.
• Established, implemented and oversaw essential global property employee development programs improving and affecting over 2000 team members such as alcohol awareness, MOD.
• Responsible for property guest satisfaction program utilizing secret shopper and subsequent drill down trending reports to assist in focusing on areas for improvement.
Director of Hotel Operations, Station Casino/Ameristar Hotel and Casino Kansas City 1997-2003
Responsible for Rooms Division, Telecommunications, Hotel Sales, Catering Sales, Transportation, Retail Development, and Retail Operations in a 200 room upscale hotel and 5th largest casino in the United States.
• Developed room marketing plan that increased A.D.R. by 16 per cent from 1997 to 2003.
• Developed a Catering Sales plan to increase sales by using non-traditional meeting space.
• Appointed by the Mayor of Kansas City to a three year term on the Board of Directors of the Kansas City Convention and Visitors Bureau 2000 - 2003.
• Appointed to the Board of Directors of the Kansas City Hotel and Motel Association for 2000. Elected Vice President 2001. President – Elect 2002. President 2003.
Director of Hotel Operations, Hollywood Hotel and Casino, Tunica MS. 1994-1997
Responsible for Rooms Division, F&B, Hotel and Catering Sales, Facilities, Laundry, Transportation, Retail and Casino Services Departments in a 506 room property with 15,000 sq. ft. of meeting space. Managed a staff of over 250 employees including 1 assistant and 9 department heads.
• Member of opening executive management team. Coordinated opening activities of Food and Beverage Department
• Developed and administered a room marketing plan that resulted in 10% increase over budgeted occupancy for the first operational quarter and achieved occupancy rates 96% in 1995 and 98%in 1996.
• Appointed to the Board of Directors of the Mississippi State Hotel Association.
Director of Hotel Operations, Sands Hotel, Casino and Country Club 1990-1994
Responsible for overall operation of the Rooms Division including Front Office, Reservations, Housekeeping, Plaza Club, Butler Services, Health Facilities, Wardrobe, Limousines and Valet Parking operations. Managed staff of over 450 union and non-union employees. Served on management recruiting team assigned to visit major east coast universities selecting intern and supervisory candidates
• Increased occupancy 6% in first year. Maintained average annual occupancy of 94% in following four years.
• .Represented Sands Hotel and Casino on Board of Directors, Atlantic City Hotel/Motel Association.
Assistant Director of Hotel Operations, Sands Hotel, Casino and Country Club 1988-1990
Responsible for operation of Housekeeping, Health Facilities, Wardrobe, Limousines and Valet Parking. Managed staff of over 350 employees both union and non-union.
• Achieved 18 % reduction in $2.2 million annual transportation expenses by expanding Limousine department to reduce dependency on contractors.
• Assisted in development and implementation of line employee recruitment program targeted at economically depressed areas.
Executive Housekeeper, Sands Hotel and Casino 1986-1988 Responsible for establishing and maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and customer satisfaction in a 534 room casino hotel with over 100,000 square feet of public space. Managed staff of 250 union employees.
Executive Housekeeper, Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington D.C. 1984-1986
Responsible for establishing and maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and customer satisfaction in a 769 room convention hotel with over 100,000 square feet of public space. Managed staff of 165 union employees. Developed corporate wide housekeeping audit/inspection system for use in all Omni - Dunfey properties. Received Omni-Shoreham Achievement Award, 1985.
Executive Housekeeper, Hyatt Regency Baltimore, Baltimore MD 1983-1984
Managed 110 person department responsible for rooms, public areas, laundry, and uniforms in a 500 room resort hotel. Developed and implemented perpetual inventory system. Received Department Head of Quarter Award, Second Quarter, 1984.
Executive Steward, Hyatt Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA 1982-1983
Responsible for maintenance of all restaurants, kitchens, banquet facilities and loading docks.
Assistant Executive Housekeeper, Hyatt Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA 1980-1982
Assisted department head in operation of 110 person union housekeeping department.
Thunder Valley Casino: Relationship Breakthrough Development
Ameristar/Station Hotel and Casino: Facilitator and Trainer Certification
Sands Management Development Program: Leadership, Goal Setting, Human Resource Development.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation: Hyattrain Program - Front Desk, Reservations and Housekeeping
San Diego City College: Management courses
Boyce Community College: Liberal Arts courses
Swissvale Area High School Graduated
References available upon request