Rupani, Sonia PA-C
Sugar Land, Texas -77498
Call 281- 886- 6105
Home ***- ***-****
• To obtain a Physician Assistant position in a reputable medical facility with an opportunity to continue developing and enhancing my skills and knowledge providing quality health care to the community.
• Licensed Physician Assistant in the State of Texas with Two years of medical practice in an Outpatient Primary Care/Urgent Care setting.
6860 HWY 6 North
09/07/2010 - Present
• Managed practice solely with no Physician on site but always available by phone.
• Provided Primary Care services including Annual age appropriate Physical examination, Sports Physicals, Well Women Examination, STD screening, Update Immunizations, along with patient education.
• Diagnose and treat common urgent care conditions including URI's, Otitis Externa, Otitis Media, Asthma and COPD exacerbation, Conjunctivitis, Corneal abrasion, Gastroenteritis, Urinary Tract Infections, STD exposure, Allergic reactions etc.
• Participated actively in diagnosing and managing chronic conditions including Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Asthma, COPD, Hyperlipidemia, Thyroid disorders, Anemia, Osteoporosis, Vitamin deficiency, etc.
• Perform minor wound care procedures – Incision and Drainage, simple laceration repairs, collect wound cultures, fluorescein stain with wood light examination, suture removal etc
• Communicate with supervising Physician and other Providers when needed for guidance upon need.
• React calmly and effectively following guidelines in emergency situations maintaining quality, safety and infection control standards.
• Worked in a diverse and multicultural environment with a patient population of all socioeconomic background with excellent bed side manner.
• Commitment to lifelong learning, diligence, integrity, attention to details working as a team member to enrich the practice further.
• Medical Assistant, Certified Phlebotomy Technician 03/2001-2007
• Medical Technologist 1996-1998
• John H Stroger, Jr Hospital Of Cook County/Malcolm X Physician assistant Program
Chicago, Illinois. Graduated in June 2010 with Cumulative GPA of 4.0
• University Of Mumbai, India -Bachelors Of Science May -1996
Major -Chemistry, Minor-Biology
• NCCPA PANCE License examination score- 800 Equivalent to 99%
• Valedictorian of Class 2010
• Presidential Scholar award for maintaining GPA 4.0- 2004-2010
• Merit Scholarship, His Highness Aga khan Education Board -1987-1991
Clinical Training - 2009-2010
• Family Practice
DH Medical Center, Chicago IL -07/2009
Dr Rochelle Hawkins, M.D
John H. Stroger Hospital Of Cook County, Chicago IL-08/2009
Dr Mayefsky, M.D
• Internal Medicine
Provident Hospital Chicago IL -09/2009
Dr Gail Floyd, M.D
John H Stroger Hospital Of Cook County, Chicago IL -10/2009
Dr Ahmed, M.D
John H Stroger Hospital Of Cook County, Chicago IL- 11/2009
Dr James Kapotas, M.D
• Trauma Surgery
John H Stroger Hospital Of Cook County, Chicago IL-01/2010
Dr Andrew Denise, M.D
• Emergency Medicine
John H Stroger Hospital Of Cook County, Chicago IL-02/2010
Dr Scott Sherman, M.D
• General Surgery
John H Stroger Hospital Of Cook County, Chicago IL-03/2010
Dr Harry Richter, M.D
Dr Vivek Choudhary, M.D
John H Stroger Hospital Of Cook County, Chicago IL-04/2010
Dr Stephanie Tennery, M.D
John H Stroger Hospital Of Cook County, Chicago IL-05/2010
Dr John Case, M.D
John H Stroger Hospital Of Cook County, Chicago IL-06/2010
Dr Rita Pavate, M.D
Dr Byron Reed, M.D
• Basic Life Support (BLS)
• American Academy Of Physician Assistant (AAPA)