Marketing professional with a diverse background and knowledge. Proficient in all aspects of the marketing mission with years of hands on experience.
Director of Marketing
August 1995 - present
Capt Hiram's Resort | Sebastian, FL
Hotels and Lodging
Marketing Director / Banquet Manager, Captain Hiram's Resort - Restaurant, Bars, Marina and Inn, Sebastian, FL - 8/95 to Present
Responsible for all marketing, banquet sales and management efforts for Captain Hiram's, a restaurant that also includes a Bahamian Style bar, live entertainment, Concert Series, banquet room, marina, 70 unit hotel and numerous scheduled special events.
• Redirected marketing efforts based on area demographics, selecting a new target population and different advertising mixes. Achieved an increase in sales.
• Streamlined internal advertising. Created a jingle for name recognition. Produced Virtual Tour for Web Site. Helped redesign four-color brochure to develop resort concept.
• Developed 4-color menu, tent cards and other print media using PageMaker, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Publisher for restaurant and affiliated services.
• Maintained open channels of communication with all personnel from management through banquet servers and clerical support as well as outside advertising agencies and clients.
• Coordinated with website designer to gain access to website and maintain information including menu, monthly newsletters, weekly updates to events page and calendar and photo gallery. Set up and maintains all social media including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and MySpace
• Participated in Website Optimization making changes in company site to increase traffic.
• Produced and updated promotional video and band videos for website and cable advertisements.
• Worked on logo redevelopment.
• Coordinated re-branding of hotel, dropping franchise flag and becoming independent as restaurant/resort name has become stronger brand through marketing efforts.
Dining Room Manager
March 1997 - August 1997
Oak Harbor Club | Vero Beach, FL
Dining Room Manager (Start-Up Consultant)Recruited to manage the start-up of this dining room and bar at the country club retirement community in Grand Harbor.
Restructured point of sales system and set up entire operation, which includes a formal diningroom, casual lunch room and bar/lounge.
Conference Planner/Sales Assistant
March 1993 - August 1995
Harrison Conference Center at Dodgertown | Vero Beach, FL
Promoted from Sales Assistant to Conference Planner with responsibility for planning corporate conferences from contract to completion, coordinating transportation and function planning.
Handled coordination of functions including guest travel, meals, party themes and planning of any special needs.
Met special needs of players during spring training.
Developed promotional materials such as flyers and advertisements.
Implemented new computer systems, designed tracking reports for regional meetings as Sales Assistant.
Customer Service Representative
Monmouth University | West Long Branch, NJ
Concentration in Marketing with extensive Management Coursework.