Pasco, WA. ***01
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
• Sixteen years’ experience in compressed video distribution network design, implementation, support, and administration.
• Sixteen years’ experience with H.320 / H.323 videoconferencing technology design, implementation, support, and
• Fourteen years’ experience with internet based streaming video and conferencing technologies (Live Event and VOD).
• Ten years’ experience in project management.
• Ten years’ experience in sales engineering
• Ten years’ experience in vendor relations
• Three years’ experience with Unified Communications technology design, implementation, support, and administration.
TCP, UDP, RTP, SIP, H.320, H.323, G.711, G.722, G.722.1, G.723.1, G.728, G.729, AAC-LC, AAC-LD, H.264-AVC, H.264-SVC, H.263, H.261, H.239, H.221, H.231, H.242, H.243. H.225, H.245, H.460, RTA, RTV.
RECENT WORK EXPERIENCE
March 2010 – Present Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Richland, WA
Video and Web Conferencing Svc Manager
• Responsible for all technical and operational aspects of PNNL’s Streaming Video,
Video Conferencing, Unified Communications, and Web Conferencing infrastructure
• Technical lead, design, and implementation engineer of the PNNL implementation of Unified Communications utilizing Lync 2010 for 5000 users
• Successfully integrated Dial-In conferencing for Lync 2010 via our existing Cisco VoIP solution utilizing a SIP trunk as well as Dialogic PSTN gateways.
• Successfully designed, and integrated the Polycom video infrastructure solution into the PNNL Lync 2010 Unified Communications infrastructure.
• Currently piloting Lync 2010 as a full featured enterprise voice solution
• Supported the PNNL utilization of Microsoft Live Meeting
June 2007 – March 2010 Mirror Image Internet Tewskbury, MA
Sr. Stream Systems Engineer
• Designed, engineered and deployed the Mirror Image Internet Live Flash streaming service as a revenue generating product.
• Designed, engineered and deployed the Mirror Image Internet “Multi-Protocol” streaming service, This enables single source content to be delivered to the iPhone, Flash player, RTSP players, as well as Microsoft Silverlight Smooth Streaming players
• Designed, engineered, and deployed the Mirror Image Internet Flash Proxy streaming service as a revenue generating product.
• Integrated a centralized provisioning application to support Mirror Image’s new streaming service offerings.
• Successfully managed six separate global streaming video related deployments.
June 2005 – June 2007 York Telecom Eatontown, NJ
Senior Field Engineer / Team Leader
• Provide support of the Social Security Administration’s, satellite based, IVT distance
• Provided senior level support of the Social Security Administration’s H.323
video conferencing deployment. (500+ endpoints)
• Integral player in the design and implementation of SSA’s expansion of Polycom Video Conferencing capabilities
• Technical Project Manager supporting the Social Security Administration’s analog to digital
Conversion of their satellite based broadcast studios
• Provide technical mentoring to junior engineers.
June 2002 – July 2005 GPB Consulting Group / B2-Networks Las Vegas, NV
Audio / Video Consultant
• Designed, implemented, and managed the B2-Networks Streaming Video and
Web Content Distribution Network (CDN).
• Evaluated, procured, and deployed, satellite acquisition and
• Performed video encoding and editing service for all video on demand content.
• Provided vendor relations, recommendations, and cost analysis according to
• Responsible for customer service related issues and resolution.
June 2000 -¬¬ Apr 2002 Qwest Digital Media Denver, CO
Director of IT Emerging Technologies
• Designed, implemented, and managed the Qwest Digital Media Streaming Video and Web Content Distribution Network (CDN).
• Designed and integrated live streaming video encoding capabilities to leverage Qwest Digital Media’s satellite downlink facilities.
• Provided vendor selection, implementation, and management of F5’s global load balancing solution.
• Provided tier III support for all streaming video related issues.
• Implemented automated redirect functionality enabling key clients to enhance their corporate video reception capabilities by deploying hardware based video caches/proxies within their LAN infrastructure.
• Responsible for vendor evaluation, installation, and management of Qwest Digital Media’s “Polycom” based corporate videoconferencing initiative.
RECENT COURSE WORK
Deploying, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Lync Server 2010 (M10533)
Honorable Discharged Veteran
Willing to travel and relocate