Wei (Wayne) Tian
EDUCATION The University of Texas at Austin July 2012
B.A., Psychology Minor: Sociology GPA: 3.4
RESEARCH Anxiety and Fear of Negative Evaulations 2010-2012
EXPERIENCE Research Assistant
• Researched anxiety trends through the use of Facebook analysis.
• Conducted interviews with experimental subjects and examined statistical data from Facebook profiles.
• Coded data from recorded studies to ensure validity of procedures.
LEADERSHIP Chinese Student Association, 2009-2011 Austin, TX
EXPERIENCE Treasurer (Fall 2010-Spring 2011)
• Develop strategic long-term plan for organization including purpose, goals, and strategy.
• Motivate 100+ members and supervise 12 officers.
• Strengthen favorable relations within the Asian-American community and student organizations.
• Delegated authority for receipt, disbursement, banking, protection and custody of funds, securities, and financial transactions.
Junior Officer (2009)
• Counsel and support officers in delegating tasks and launching successful events.
• Encouraged member participation in ushering and community service projects.
Foundations of Marketing
• Lectured on basic concepts and terminology in marketing.
• Familiarized with the process of developing marketing strategy, the role of marketing activities within the firm, external influences that affect the development of marketing strategy, and basic analytical tools appropriate to marketing decision making.
• Compiled a marketing research analysis on a growing industry to demonstrate course achievement.
• Coached in the basic findings of the behavioral sciences dealing with perception, personality, group behavior, psychological appeals, and their application to advertising as persuasive communication.
ADDITIONAL Kappa, 2006-2008 Pearland, TX
EXPERIENCE Customer Service and Cashier
• In charge of handling cash and credit card transactions, tipping out wait staff, and balancing register at the end of the shift.
• Balanced multiple responsibilities including order preparation, facility maintenance, reconciliation of the register and receipts, and restaurant closing.
Quality Inn, Summer 2004-2005 Clear Lake, TX
Front Desk Clerk
• Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
• Responded in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services.
COMPUTER Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Internet Research Tools.
SKILLS Windows and Macintosh OS. Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver. 70 WPM.
LANGUAGES Conversational Mandarin Chinese and English.