San Diego, CA 92024
Biola University, La Mirada, CA
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Studio Arts: Design (2005 - 2009)
Murrieta Valley High School, Murrieta, CA
High School Diploma, Visual Arts Major (2001 - 2005)
Graphic Designer at Horizon Christian Fellowship
October 1, 2011 - April 1, 2012 (6 months)
This smaller in-house design team provides me with the opportunity to work with multiple departments in creative development. Serving with the other designers has shown me that we can proactively help each other in creativity and in life allowing artistic and personal growth. My time at Horizon has furthered my development as a designer in areas such as speed, technical skill, creative leadership, and time management. Unfortunately, the pay is insufficient for my needs.
Horizon Christian Fellowship, Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Kory Maine, Project Manager
Personal Mobile: 619-***-****
Warehouse Supervisor, Utility Technician, and Designer at Reaction Audio Visual
March 2010 - August 2011 (17 months)
At Reaction AV, I started as a Utility Technician and was quickly promoted to Warehouse Supervisor. This time grew my problem solving skills as well as sensitivity to minor aesthetics. Most importantly, I learned how to efficiently manage projects with the six employees that I supervised in the warehouse. Also, I enjoyed being the designer responsible for show CADs, stage renderings, and client presentations.
Reaction AV, Irvine, CA
J Ocana, CFO
Personal Mobile: 714-***-****
Graphic Design Intern at Integrated Marketing Communications, Biola University
September 2008 - May 2009 (9 months)
My job at IMC was to design and produce print marketing materials that supported and enhanced the overall image of Biola University.
• Updated & revised existing designs and followed through to production.
• With limited guidance from Art Director, created original designs for complex projects
(multi-page brochures, booklets, collateral sets, large-size campaigns, etc.)
• Established production schedule sufficient to meet the client requests, allowing adequate timing for
approval process and production.
• Presented project status reports to the Art Director and Studio Manager while working with
the senior design team.
• Communicated with vendors regarding estimates, production schedule, and delivery.
Freelance Graphic Design Artist
2006 - Current (5+ Years)
Starting with a logo for a private high school in North San Diego County, my freelance career has continuously transformed across projects with clients including, but not limited to, financial consulting groups, restaurants, science books, and real estate companies. My design process includes turning up the tunes and spilling out my ideas on paper, canvas, computer, or all of the above.
SKILLS AND SPECIALTIES
• Creative approach to life
• Extremely adept with Adobe Creative Suite 5 and all Microsoft Office Programs
• Complete knowledge of print and finishing processes
• Novice with AutoCAD, DesignCAD, SketchUp, and IDX Renditioner
• Outgoing personable character
• Skilled with Apple and PC Computers
• Becoming more familiar with web languages
• Building personal and professional portfolio artwork
• Establishing more credibility in the trade
• Designing mobile device programs
Resume for CGI 08/2012 **more employment history and additional references available upon request